philgor's mb1, here we go again, or maybe not.....

philgor

i'll try and get some picces up tommorow, of the old drive shaft the shaft was seriously weakened at the point where the rubber damper was, it's only the o/s that seems to suffer from rot as the n/s is behind the sump and the o/s is exposed. all i can do is urge every one to check the o/s drive shaft and remove the rubber damper as that it what caused it to snap, the new one does not have a damper on it and i've not felt any effects from the lack of it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
phoned a parts factor at 830am today, 1 in stock, dilivered at 9.30 car back together by 10am, well happy, also put a new trackrod end as well another job done for the mot, total cost £70 for the drive shaft and a £10 for the track rod end, didn't even need to top the gear box up, as i jacked the car up as high is i could ;)

thats how to do bussiness :)

sds2.jpg

rotton though out the shaft, all down to the rubber balancer

sds1.jpg

also look how thin it is where it broke

sds3.jpg

at least i've got the old shaft to strip of spares in the n/s shaft starts to knock

simpo, dunno when i'm gonna get the lights in, want ot get the driving lights on before the bad weather starts though......

phoned a parts factor at 830am today, 1 in stock, dilivered at 9.30 car back together by 10am, well happy, also put a new trackrod end as well another job done for the mot, total cost £70 for the drive shaft and a £10 for the track rod end, didn't even need to top the gear box up, as i jacked the car up as high is i could ;)

thats how to do bussiness :)

hell yeah, at the end of the day we can easly spend 1000/1500 a week just in parts from them, so i expect them to be good.

• 3 weeks later...

been to dynodaze, really good to put names to faces nice to meet rich, and jake. some of the car's there were mental, 350bhp 5dr corsa d :shock:

as for my car

97 p non vtec automatic

108000 miles on the clock

serviced back in august

108.9hp @ 6332rpm :D

131nm torque @5263rpm :D (and people say honda don't have torque)

101mph @ 6400rpm dunno what gear though

really happy with what it produced, just need to find where the 5hp have gone :D

need to find a good panel filter and try and sort a cold air feed

Archived