MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Dude!

Sweet!

8-)

I just want it back now so I can get everything painted! Work is quality though. On the welding I asked what type they used - cage to cage is TIG, cage to car is MIG.

quote:

A bit of swearing later and the old fuel tank was ready to drop off the chassis

Brings back memories even more fun trying to get it up again with fuel in and on your back on your own :lol:

looks very pro work going on there :mrgreen:

I was lucky as there was very little left in the tank when I dropped it off the car but I can see it being a pain to refit. I had trouble removing the filler neck pipes from the tank [smash.gif]

they are adding 2km to the ring

How? They were in so much debt and they now want to change it?!?!? Hopefully there will be an update on GT5 :lol:

How? They were in so much debt and they now want to change it?!?!? Hopefully there will be an update on GT5 :lol:

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/2/index.p ... t-the-ring :)

'Tis only resurfacing apparently- the German words with metre figures next to them are existing sections of the track and a indication of the length of the new surface. I am suprised they can afford it though- perhaps it's in secret preparation for turning it into a car park/retail units/ business park a la Brooklands :roll: .

Good idea to use the fuel tank to drop the COG, I think the level of detail on this build will pay big dividends in the end result. 8-)

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/2/index.p ... t-the-ring :)

'Tis only resurfacing apparently- the German words with metre figures next to them are existing sections of the track and a indication of the length of the new surface. I am suprised they can afford it though- perhaps it's in secret preparation for turning it into a car park/retail units/ business park a la Brooklands :roll: .

Good idea to use the fuel tank to drop the COG, I think the level of detail on this build will pay big dividends in the end result. 8-)

Ahhh, that makes more sense. As long as they use decent tarmac then it should still be good, but I hope it isn't preparation to make it into a shops etc!

good bit of progress bud - don't suppose that you've now got a fuel feed line going spare after changing the tank?

if the tank's in good nick (and you don't want to keep it) might be worthwhile seeing if anyone wants to buy - new ones are pretty hard to come by (I had to get one from a scrappy)

good bit of progress bud - don't suppose that you've now got a fuel feed line going spare after changing the tank?

if the tank's in good nick (and you don't want to keep it) might be worthwhile seeing if anyone wants to buy - new ones are pretty hard to come by (I had to get one from a scrappy)

I will have loads of bits going up for sale once the chassis is back. I have tried to remove every part of the car carefully just in case I either:

a) need to put it back on for some reason [smash.gif]notworking.gif1 or

B) get to sell it 8-)

I take it you are after the high pressure feed line with the plastic fitting at the tank end and screw in fitting to the fuel filter at the other? Sure we can sort something ;) Tank is in solid condition, actually one of the few pieces I have in the garage!

^^^^^^^ :) very subtle :lol:

Like being hit by a slice of lemon, wrapped around a gold brick :lol: