MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Job done :D

2011-08-04%25252014.50.28.jpg

Car goes into for a full alignment tomorrow morning, then the bodyshop to have the front skirt re-sprayed and the metal worm on the rear arch done. It'll be good to finally be able to drive the deck again properly :o

Dave

• Like 1

proper sleeper mate sits normal, pity wasnt factory hight standard rather than 4+4 looking mb/mc

OEM jobs a goodn.. ;)

ps wheels look great ;)8-)

Car looks pretty normal at first glance, it's not until it's up against my brothers MB that the 1" drop stands out. New wheels are not for everyday driving though.

how about spraying the black bump strips silver and getting clear side repeaters ?? would make it pop!

oh and a lip kit

Clear repeaters would clean up the wings for sure, quick job to change ;) I took the VTi lip back off to paint, less work the body shop have to do the less they charge. No plans to paint the other parts, but if I did I would probably go for a colour to match the new wheels.

looks great mate, wish i had bought these rather than fitting the 17" rotas i have done.

how do you find the ride on the coilovers???

Coilovers were smooooooooth. Springs are slightly firmer than stock, but not harsh. Ride is comfortable, but I only have the damping on 4 at the moment as recommended by Avo as a starting point. I will try the firmer settings at a later date

Looks well, only thing I would do is go slightly lower at the front.

We'll check and reset the ride height on the ramp tomorrow, but I agree it does look a little high at the front. Should settle in during the drive to my friends garage in the morning so I'll now for sure when I get there