MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

looking sweet mate... good choice with those wheels too 8-)

dunno how it'll b with the coilies, but I've got my front dampers set much firmer than the rear (konis)... massively helps with understeer :)

looking sweet mate... good choice with those wheels too 8-)

dunno how it'll b with the coilies, but I've got my front dampers set much firmer than the rear (konis)... massively helps with understeer :)

Cheers for the advice, I've got to spend a bit of time fine tuning the dampers but I will bear it in mind. I have them set to 4 (out of 12) front and rear as per Avo's advice as a starting point.

With the full geo and the car set up for fast road/track she is a lot more "pointy" to drive. We spent 4 hours on the ramp on Friday sorting everything out, and she was a totally different car handling wise. Really happy with the changes, not too harsh on the springs/dampers but a hell of a lot sharper all round to drive. Once I have a few hundred miles on the tyres I can take her out on a track day and open the taps :D

Looks well, only thing I would do is go slightly lower at the front.

By the time I drove out to my friends garage (20 miles or so) the whole car was sitting a little lower, so we decided to raise the rear a little. I decided the front was now about right at the settled height. Car is in the bodyshop having the front lip sprayed and the rust on the rear wing/sill sorted. I forgot to take photos :oops: after all the work was done but I pick the car up on Friday so I will get some then. Only got the rear seats/trim to refit and she is finished suspension/body wise for now.

Dave, nice user name by the way!

You've done an amazing job here mate. When are you becoming a 'trader' so you can do all of ours?? :D

Keep up the good work.

lol cheers, nickname from my school days.

If I could make a living out of working on cars I would, don't think I've got all the Honda knowledge to make it stick though just yet, hence joining the forum and looking at all the cool work other people have done and asking for help/advice 1"£££$££"!

Maybe one day I could have the first mobile mechanics service in my MC2 :lol:

I have to say, I wont EVER read this thread again.

Now I'm thinking. Thinking is bad for me.

SHould I remove my entire suspension and do the same? I want to.

Should I get some Shiney new LCA's? I want to.

Should I go get some braided lines? I want to.

I hate this thread, it's just cost me a fortune :D

Fair play mate, cracking job.

I have to say, I wont EVER read this thread again.

Now I'm thinking. Thinking is bad for me.

SHould I remove my entire suspension and do the same? I want to.

Should I get some Shiney new LCA's? I want to.

Should I go get some braided lines? I want to.

I hate this thread, it's just cost me a fortune :D

Fair play mate, cracking job.

lol, thanks John. I saved up over the last 12 months for the bits, started fitting them about 2-3 months ago on the weekends. Won't be doing too much more now until the winter, just got a few minor bits to fit & finish (and one large piece which I have to collect tomorrow on the way home from work ;) ) As you're local you'll probably see her running around Swindon on the next week or so.