NOODELS MC2

noodels

Once you get used to it youll be burning EEPROMS for fun i used to have to update old printer Firmware with them back in the day so i kinda used to it but the mapping side CROME and UBERDATA was a learning curve just read books on the subject basically upping the fuel being injected and changing the vtec cross over is mainly what youll be doing mate the spoon chip was ok but very rich.

the issue here is that these guys who sell the chips on fleabay and on certain tuning site is that all engines are different you can just slap a generic map into it and expect to to run nice and definately wont be as eco as the standard p9k map which is very very mild in comparison to the p72 ITR maps.

i recommend getting hold of a Wideband Lambda Sensor and AEM Air/Fuel Guage for safe tuning and you need i stress need CN2 soldering for Datalogging and if your using CROME J4 solder needs to be cut otherwise it wont log.

tuning ECU's you need accurate readings of whats coming out of the engine and whats going in with regards to Air and Fuel mixtures if running too lean which most basemaps do as far as i understand can damage your engines pistons and valves.

i have seen a badly tuned ST220 mondeo in one book i read two pistons cracked in half as it was ran lean and obviously at high RPM got very hot rings burnt out and cracked the pistons ooooosssh! i know mondeos are pretty douce' anyway and are known for bottom end issues but my point is that if you dont get accurate readings and just run base maps without customising them you run the risk of doing damage.

That aside for mildy modded B18c4's the p9k i think is a very good ecu i think personally but for someone like Noodels who has gone down the high lift cam route and is fast discovering that a AEM adjustable fuel reg (which is kind of a waste of time) isnt enough a custom fuel table is needed to smooth out the fueling im sure you will love your new purchase :ugeek:

On a different note mate have you fitted that integra B pipe theirs one on fleabay OEM going so i was thinking of buying it i know it wont be stainless but im sure be the same design as yours?

8-) yep its been on for 1 month +and havnt used car for 3 weeks but will fit only prob may be gearstick pivot at bottom cant get under yet to put both rubbers on i do have the sheild still on but its poss to remove if needed to do that.

so Ukdm itr "R" fit ok and quite possable the same as uk ek9 as well but havnt tried it :| maybe front mount in wrong position :idea:

Got p72 from postman pat today :D

thanks for all the advice mate ;)

Just wanted to add this and show you if you were to buy this Programmer that i have where it would fit and how i attch it to the test PC i knocked up obviously most use a cable:

Programmer2_zps27e921b3.jpg

Programmer_zpsef5e3d33.jpg

it fits into the LPT port in the back and works a treat mate as i said the only reason im flogging it is because i dont have an old laptop to use anymore with XP and to behonest when it comes to datalogging in the car id like it next to me not in the house/ office in the back of a test pc.

yet on the flip if you know what changes need to be made doesnt matter where it is :idea:

im just a :ugeek:

Jamie

[smitten.gif]8-) mate got a spare port thanks for that and more....................................... importantly ................................................got the car started party.gif1 was set at 80 psi after my twidling with not enuff fuel in i think :? was 2 clicks though now 3 clicks above lower mark on gauge :P

80 Psi jesus thats high isnt it, the problem you got though is no matter how high you set them things if the injectors are only programmed to inject a set amount, it doesnt really matter what you got the thing set to if you see my point, the fuel regulation only controls the flow to the injector rail the rate at which its pumped into the engine is down to the ECU its like having a 60mm bore exhaust with a 52mm pipe welded in the middle. its the injection and injector duty cycle you need to increase as you rightly said in your PM the high can and low cam fuel map.

but that is a bonus its running step in the right direction. :D

just a question is their some restriction/blockage somewhere coming from the tank as i said before the Honda builders guide states that anything before 300-400bhp the honda fuel reg is perfectly capabale of delivering enough fuel which makes me think if you having to increase by that much its just masking your actual issue?

The guys at the dyno place put a gauge on it and output was 70 psi max and said pump is US ran it dry all the time and its 14 yrs old :| only way to tell is another run at dyno or wideband kit :idea:

as for the FPR prob will keep it for the maping/p72 ecu and bling :lol: does say for the cams i got fpr may be good idea.

WACK11111

:? Though^^ quote:

the problem you got though is no matter how high you set them things if the injectors are only programmed to inject a set amount

Q:But if by altering psi on the fuel rail and runs rich that must mean more fuel going in :?:

:? Though^^ quote:

the problem you got though is no matter how high you set them things if the injectors are only programmed to inject a set amount

Q:But if by altering psi on the fuel rail and runs rich that must mean more fuel going in :?:

I've been slack lately and not kept up with your build and wow! Lots gone on!

As far as I remember, you only set the injector pulse width with the ECU control. Higher fuel pressure should inject more fuel for the same given pulse width (ignoring the flow limit of the injector). The job of the FPR is to maintain the pressure given high or low fuel requirement. Modern cars monitor both to optimise fuel delivery, but I can't remember if the older car do. It'll be a case of setting the fuel pressure and injector pulse in combination, but a good tuner can do that.