NOODELS MC2

noodels

:? Though^^ quote:

the problem you got though is no matter how high you set them things if the injectors are only programmed to inject a set amount

Q:But if by altering psi on the fuel rail and runs rich that must mean more fuel going in :?:

I've been slack lately and not kept up with your build and wow! Lots gone on!

As far as I remember, you only set the injector pulse width with the ECU control. Higher fuel pressure should inject more fuel for the same given pulse width (ignoring the flow limit of the injector). The job of the FPR is to maintain the pressure given high or low fuel requirement. Modern cars monitor both to optimise fuel delivery, but I can't remember if the older car do. It'll be a case of setting the fuel pressure and injector pulse in combination, but a good tuner can do that.

Agreed the Map on the ecu just maintains the demands of the engine and helps regulate it but the injectors open shut commands are electronically controlled from the ECU and if the two dont work in tandom you get in a right mess, Noodels i got my ECU tuning Manual back off my brother im going to PDF some exctracts and post them to you. all i was saying with regards to the adjustable fuel reg was that the standard one should have been able to cope with the demand clearly it wasnt as you needed to change it but was worried that you were masking a greater issue thats all.

i will bring the book into work tomorrow and PDF what i can then either send it to you or email it but think it will be big about 300 pages.

Jamie

8-) jamie :D and postman pat brought me my mugen chip

so got ecu p72 a003 jdm

mugen chip

[smash.gif] and the above eprom flash thingy dont fit i dont fit my computer :roll:

quote:thanks for comments

Higher fuel pressure should inject more fuel for the same given pulse width (ignoring the flow limit of the injector). The job of the FPR is to maintain the pressure given high or low fuel requirement:

Will just up it a wee bit only from oem recomended 49 psi with my sk2 tuner 1 cams and combined with walbro 252 will not drop in psi on full requirments :idea:

a wideband will be handy for this :geek:

[smitten.gif] snow all gone and top speed is !! Well >>> better than golf git :lol:

Pulls great now in top easily 5mph up on a certain Looooooong INcline :shock:

120-5 when i first got it would not pull top

125-130 hard pushed in most 345 gears with new cams and fooked pump very lean ect :oops:

130 just opening in top with EaZZe tbh :D

:lol: and above are kph eyebrows.gif1

;)

WACK11111

ps p9k ecu not p72 a003 jdm

p9k ecu not p72 a003 jdm

? Enlighten us andrew. Im confused?

:oops: sorry oem ecu not fitted p72 ecu yet.

be this week need to get some desolder wick :)

oh and !!

:idea: and go to speck savers those lil components [smash.gif]

oh and jamie is keeping the above burner :|

I am mate bought me an old xp laptop with a serial port on the back NC6000 HP £78 ebay bargain, i think your best bet is a willem mate on ebay they read all the chips youll ever need to burn that one i bought from Hong Kong went back today was load of horse poo.

even though my old willem programmer is getting on a bit its never let me down and should have realised that before wasting cash on that other usb rubbish.

as we discussed think you really have 2 options:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRUE-USB-GQ-3X-EEPROM-FLASH-CHIP-PROGRAMMER-SUPPORTS-ALL-WILLEM-ZIF-ADAPTERS-/110957292723?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item19d591ecb3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEWES-Universal-Willem-EPROM-Programmer-PCB50X-SPI-FLASH-BIOS-ECU-PIC-/251217275048?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3a7db768a8

i like the looks of the usb one but think its pricey and you would need to check compatibility with the chips your using as im not sure it will do older eproms but i know the non-usb one will as its the same as mine pretty much.

hope that helps you mate

ok jamie thanks pmd the dude and waiting to here back regarding type chips used ect

Wanted the Gq-4x as my Dell May suport this will usb type, await his reply ect

pm from seller ^^^= yes the GQ-4X will be fine, the only problem some pc's/laptops have is the usb dosnt provide enough power, this is very rare but if it happens you just use a universal power supply plugged into the programmer.

awaiting on type of EEprom used for my mugen