Wantone's MC2

wantone

Yeah absolutely mate. Would be well worth it in the end if you could learn.

Would the same tuning place not do a discount though as they put the map on in the first place? For example if you changed exhaust, it would only need a tweak??

Should do. I am gobsmacked at the price though.

As long as it's done the trick that's what matters I suppose.

I paid 180 quid at Garage 786. Very well known tuner in the Midlands.

Then he charged 100 to squeeze out some power with all me new Bolt ons and cams almost a year later.

So two sessions all in was 280.

We'll known for blowing up engines.

He isn't highly rated in the midlands at all (Yasir) babybhp.

Haha maybe some difference of opinions there then.

Always heard good things myself.

Loads of turbo civics round here tuned by him still going strong.

Yeah absolutely mate. Would be well worth it in the end if you could learn.

Would the same tuning place not do a discount though as they put the map on in the first place? For example if you changed exhaust, it would only need a tweak??

I imagine if you had it mapped with a place and went back to them for a tweak they'd just charge you labour per hour?

You pay for a full base map initially.

Then any tweaks are charged accordingly, as you don't need a full map it's typically per hour tuning/dyno time.

@kink. He hasn't got a good reputation. He has blown up too many cars. A lad bought a k24 engine off my mate. Babybhp blew it up. So my mate swapped it for another one as the guy was saying the engine was faulty. This time he was advised to run it for a couple of days (k20 head Frankenstein) and it was running fine. As soon it went for tuning Yasir blew it up again.

Also Yasir ruined a guys b20z fully spec'd out ef which has never ran right. Somehow he tuned a running 400 Bhp (rdt)ek9 rotrex to 300 odd and couldn't get it back to where it was originally. He had a drag ek from Birmingham (American import 1000 Bhp). He tyres his hand at tuning it and couldn't get it over 5/600 Bhp. In the end it had that many issues the guy broke it. Same with the k20 rotrex. He ended up pulling the Charger off n selling it as ask swap ek9.

The cars that are running right are probably ones where he got a map off thee internet for ones running similar spec.

He has been on the scene for years. I first came across him in around 2008-9 when he was about 18-19. He very much fancies himself as a playboy tuner but has limited experience. He has flown to USA a couple of times n seems to think he is now s**t hot at tuning.