My Civic MB2 Project! Discs and pads needed!

fyfie5

@fyfie5 If it's been empty mate, there will most probably be air in the system. Can't remember the exact sequence for bleeding them, as its been a while since I did them, but think its rear left first, then front drivers side, then rear right and lastly front pass side. Top up the resevoir first though, and leave the cap off during the whole process. You'll need to keep topping it up as you go, so keep and eye on it. Don't let it go down far or again, you'll be drawing air in. If you're stuck, you can bring it down to mine if you want and I'll give you a hand to do it in my garage? As long as all the bleed nipples free off easily, it's a doodle to bleed the brakes mate. I usually order a full set of new ones before I start so that any dodgy ones can be replaced :wink:

One last thing though, if the fluid resevoir was empty (or almost) then I suspect you have a leaking rear cylinder, a leak at the front calipers, or possibly the master cylinder itself. Have a good look around the above areas for any sings of fluid weeping out. :wink:

hmmm, might be that way round then! Will need to consult the good old Haynes book of bollocks to see what the actual pattern for bleeding the brakes is!

well!!! so the manual says online, LHD is front left, front right, rear right, rear left.

RHD is the opposite so

front right,

front left

rear left

rear right.

so we been doing it wrong haha