My Iced out MC2! oh yeah its filth

Guest jimbob738

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read some interesting facts about Hamp products throwing somewhat a spanner in the works for the shortie filters ?

Apparently the shortie filter is on for the s2000 and the euro r accord not for the civic, the Hamp is of lesser quality compared to the Honda genuine filters as the Hamp has 34 pleats inside the Honda 40 also the springs the pressure valves use are weaker than the Honda filters, so in conclusion Honda filters are worth 3 pounds extra IMO shorties not good for our applications. Just throwing it out there I'll be buying a genuine one next not Hamp.

The honda ones were manufactured by toyo-roki of Japan same as the itr air box and according to a few reviews/articals are far superior quality so as Dave says Honda genuine stuff is better but you pay the price filters 11.99.

One last thing don't be fooled into thinking Hamp products are race spec replacements their not simple as that they are lesser quality than oem.

Thanks mate i got the resonator pipes today am waiting for me K&N then its on like donkey kong, im looking for the comparison spec of the two filters so folks can see the differences but cant find it now :( , i know is said that the Honda filters have 44 pleats of metal inside and the Hamp have 34 and that the pressure valve inside has a weaker spring on the Hamp one compared to the toyo-roki Honda Orginal Parts, the s2000 ones do fit as i phoned the dealers to ask but they wouldnt recommend using it but they have to say that i suppose.

Thats one sexy filter mate! Lovin it and very jealous at the same time! ;)

Thank you i cant wait thats going to do a fine job no more induction headaches just waiting on the K&N now will get pics and full report i want to get dynoed aswell.

K&N just arrived this is gonn a be fun :D

IMG_0365.jpg

Gonna roar with this bad boy in it affraid to say they are damb good filters got one in my Mazda Bongo aswell the difference in comparison to oem is massive. :o