ECU Reset Question

Nairnster

Did this today with no obvious result.

But i guess if it aint broke u cant fix it lol

it will have mate :)

you will notice the car will be abit smoother up the revs also it will idle a bit smoother .

Honestly felt the same in all perameters lol.

And 20 turns, thats dedication lol

at £1.48 a liter i even pump my tyres up to correct preasure :lol:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that i can understand lol

iv run v power before and not seen any improvement until the last few litres so i thought i would try the 20 turns and hay pressto

so iv done it ever since :D

pluss it only takes 20 seconds ish :lol:

well thats me done it and i think its done more bad thatn good :?

i went on a drive after i did it and when i rev it in nuetral or put the clutch in coming up to a junction the revs drop right down and feels like its going to stall! help would be nice please

EDIT: its hardly doing it anymore please ingnore that haha its just me being over woried. its much smother now :D

i went on a drive after i did it and when i rev it in nuetral or put the clutch in coming up to a junction the revs drop right down and feels like its going to stall! help would be nice please

EDIT: its hardly doing it anymore please ingnore that haha its just me being over woried. its much smother now :D

lol dont worry mate mine does that some times when iv done a reset ;)

give it time and a bit more welly :D

i think it becouse the thermostat wasnt open ?

lol dont worry mate mine does that some times when iv done a reset ;)

give it time and a bit more welly :D

i think it becouse the thermostat wasnt open ?

haha ill be giving her plenty of welly!

i think it was because i hadnt let the heater kick in and it makes a huge difference!

Hi,

I have followed the above instruction to reset my ECU and the car does feel a bit smoother. (MB6) I have one problem now though. After replacing the fuses and starting her up again to idle for 10min, after a couple min the MIL light comes on. If I switch the car off and back on again as said at the end, the MIL goes out, and remains out for that journey. However every other journey I do with the car, on first ignition and after driving about 100m, the MIL light comes on. I pull over, switch car off and on again and MIL goes out and stays out.

Any idea why and how I can make sure it stays out?

Thanks