car alarm choices?

VTISmichael

Well i need to sort out a car alarm now as ive fitted my wheels and goodies, im on sxoc and alot of people use the Toad AI606, im getting a price with fitting tomorrow but any other suggestions on other systems and any electrical/fitting problems i might may come to light ?

cheers mike.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Toad AI606 on my SX :)

Got it with full closure too, for the sunroof and windows, very good reliable alarm. Only ever had one false alarm and that was when my tiny race battery went flat when I didn't drive it for a week :o

Also had a Toad Ai606 on my old EK4, couldn't fault it!

With total closure etc is it all standard features? I was never told how to use it like that, just knew how to open and close it, worked well enough for me at the time but the M needs one! [smash.gif]

Also if anyone can give me rough prices to expect to pay would be appreciated ta! :D

called another place and he started saying that i might not have a motor in the door and it with cost £20 and £60 for an hour to put it in and then i said i think its got a immoberliser already and he said that will cost to remove that but the cheapest system they had was £350 fitted.

i dont need remore engine start or auto open windows just a an alarm that goes off if someone touches her! is there away to get hold of a factory alarm ?

who ever that was DONT use them.

They dont remove the immobilier and as you have remote central locking all ready no motors should be needed.

The toad ai606 or Clifford Concept 650mk2 would be my choise.

£379 is an average price BUT be very careful who you choose. Alarms are only as good as the installer and a well fitted cat1 in a car like the mb6 should take a minimum of 4-5hrs imo. Any less and i'd be asking questions.

Once its done ask where everything is and have a look. I had mine done by a bloke from colchester and it was awful. I had to spend a load of money to get it right and it gave me hassle for over a year after he fitted it.

Another vote for the Toad ai606, had one with full closure on a golf a few years back and will get another when the cobra on mine dies, which it's bound to do soon. :roll:

Also had a couple of Cliffords in the past, they're pretty good but rate the Toad higher.

I had mine fitted at a Sextons, don't know if they still exist but the work was first rate. ;)

depends on the people there tbh

I had my alarm fixed by sextons in swindon and was impresed by their work, sextons in Trowbridge on the otherhand had a really bad rep.