mini me swap

fyfie5

anyone know if a mini me swap would be possible on my engine d14z4 as im just looking in to it at the moment as it sounds like quite a cool thing to do if it was possible, ive seen a lot of people do it on the d series forum but was just wondering if it was possible on my engine :)

would of posted on the d series forum first but having problems registering :(

well i just found out about it recently, and i think it means taking the non vtec head off of your existing d series engine and replacing it with another d series head that has vtec. i think that sounds about right. you would gain lots of bhp and the main part get vtec 8-)

just dunno how hard it would be to do and the cost of doing it.

thanks! yes i can imagine it not being simple but totally being worth it depending on how much cash it would cost, tbh i dont think im up to it, no where near enough knowledge or know how :( would still love to do it though

It woud be easier but some people love the d series. It's all about what you prefer I would go b series as better stock power out of the box. If you want a project and to keep fuel prices down then a mini me could be a better option.

yeh would be a lot easier to sell and buy another car but i love my car too much to sell it! also dont think i could get insured on a 1.8 yet, maybe next year ;)

i was just looking in to it not definitely going to do it, but it seemed like a pretty cool thing to do and if it means getting vtec with fuel economy would be so mint!

dont think theres that much work involved.

im pretty sure you can actually run the vtec oil supply from an external hose off a sandwhich plate.

a wire into the harness to control the solenoid and something like a chipped p28.

sure theres a bit more to it. but loadsa people do it.

Good that you want to mod your D us D's need to give them B's a go :lol::lol: yes it is always easy to get a big M or car but that's not the point we want to keep the car we love and spent lots of time on and getting another car is just to dam easy . :lol::lol::lol::lol: