The 266bhp and 540nm torques jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

johngreen537

Can't see the video at work but the car looks stunning and with nearly 400Ib/ft of torque I can believe it goes like sh1t off a shovel! :D

The XF has the S-Type chassis anyway so not far off dude!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had the pleasure of doing a mot on one of these, and needed to be roadtested as well...... and jeasus it's quick and your right about the lack of diesel clatter....... i would swap my mc2 for one of these, i just don't want the bill for the 105000 mile service, all the filter's and both cambelt's........ :shock::shock: just over a grand for the main dealer to do it for you......... :o:o

had the pleasure of doing a mot on one of these, and needed to be roadtested as well...... and jeasus it's quick and your right about the lack of diesel clatter....... i would swap my mc2 for one of these, i just don't want the bill for the 105000 mile service, all the filter's and both cambelt's........ :shock::shock: just over a grand for the main dealer to do it for you......... :o:o

Jesus! I'd have to take out finance for that one! :lol:

talking to a landrover tech about one of these, and i mentioned that i knew some one who has one, he gave me some advice to pass on,

it's the same engine found in a disco3/range rover, tdv6 except that they only have 1 turbo on the o/s cylinder bank, no real issue with the engine apart from the turbo's that can stick, the actuator rod's don't have any grease on the piviot's, so if it get's driven by a granny all of the time, they can seize up, which is only found when floor it, and then find after that there is no go what so ever. this tech has had a go at the landrover bod's at HQ over this, small bit of grease at the factory can save you load's of money.

the cam belt's make sure that the front one is done on time as that drives' all of the camshaft's. the rear one is driven by a camshaft and drive's the fuel pump, the fuel pump is not timed on these so it can go on any poistion you want. so this belt it under very little strain what so ever, if it does go all that will happen is that the engine will cut out due to the loss of high pressure fuel.

the gearbox's are good, the auto is a 6spd ZF unit, and doesn't like having too muck more power put through it than from the factory, manual is a 6spd jag/landrover, and is also bullet proof, but you don't see many of them.

and one thing jag/land rover will never tell you, is the engine is french....... the engine is a PSA unit and is found in the big peugeot's and citroens'............

and he is also a star of a you tube vid over the turbo issue's because a 5am on one sunday morning, he was quite literaly chucking this knackered turbo around the workshop, and he was cursing every single person he could find to be responsable due to them not having a bit of grease on the piviot point.

he can also remove the body off the chassis off a range rover sport in less and 90minuites........

and one thing jag/land rover will never tell you, is the engine is french....... the engine is a PSA unit and is found in the big peugeot's and citroens'............

Oh dear, that has put me off owning one forever WACK11111

Knowing it came from the white flag factory is bad! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Dont make jags like they used to the V6 models i thought were basically Mondeo ST220's poop on wheels my dads had loads of old jags he loved them.

These are what i refer to the same crap suspension Shockingly bad form front wishbones i know i owned one for a short period, same crap engine noisey thats tappety as fook and drinks oil for fun, when Jag started on this path i lost interest in them.

Jagdeo_zpsfaded035.jpg

Same!

300px-Ford_Mondeo_ST220_Blue_zpse57b1024.jpg

youd be pretty p1ssed if you went out and bought one at full wack from Jag and someone then told you that the mondeo was the same and it was like 20 grand cheaper WOUNDED!

this is a real Jag my dad had when i was 16 V12 goodness!

Jaaag_zpsa155cd48.jpg

the X-type also rot's quite well, usally found on one's fitted with towbar's, and yes, underneath the jag x-type is a mondeo, they suffer all of the same trait's, brake pipe's (most mondeo's have had the front to rear pipe's replaced at 5/6 yr's old), noisey diesel's, rear caliper's, clutch's and DMF's (looking at 1k to do a clutch/flywheel/starter). but they don't seem to suffer the same injector fault's that the mondeo seem's to get.....