MGZS Suspension...Dakar Edition...WITH PICS

burbleboy

Hi troops,

Just bought and fitted mg zs180 suspension after reading up about it. Well what can I say...it now sits even higher than before and on the drivers side front it is about an inch higher than passenger side.

Yes handling improved but feel that, as the front is higher than rear, the handling has been compromised somehow. :roll:

On the plus side is I can look down and peek at the HGV drivers as I drive past. I can do an oil filter change by simply just walking under my car....without ducking!

Bugs me that the only way to sort is is spend more money on lowering springs.....which i wont do :cry:

Suspension bought from ebay with cv vehicle dismantlers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mg shocks are smaller than civic ones there's no way the front can be higher you must of done something wrong

Cant really go wrong with fitting complete units tbh. Car was standard before and springs look standard. Cant put my finger on why its soo feckin high!

Pictures later when i get home from work!

the MG unit itself is smaller than the MB although the spring is thicker. sure they aint sold you diesel set up?

all checks should be done on a flat surface.

as for the un-even bit. jack the car up and make sure the springs are sitting at rest completely on the lower stop. you may have to use spring compressors and twist the spring so it sits home properly whilst its all on the car..

you should have even damper threads exposed at the top of the struts in the engine bay between the 2. same for the rear.

if for example rear left damper is knackered then this will raise front right body. realistacally a finger gap is lost when installing this set-up... shorter damper is visual however bigger guage spring compensates for strength.

lowering on any other after-market spring can be done but will cause the damper to shoot out on potholes as your technically over-compressing a lowering spring and its under constant tension to release.

suspension goons r us WACK11111

Wow!

Cheers for that info!

I will get pictures up soon to let you see what i mean...if you guys dont mind...opinions matter where the suspension has been fitted before!

The dealer on ebay is recommended from this forum and they were defo described of zs 180!

Cheers

Ali

are the springs one the wrong way around? fronts on the back ect

are they seated into the cups correctly (top & bottom)

are they all the same springs

are any of the shocks leaking

are the springs one the wrong way around? fronts on the back ect.... Supplied as complete units

are they seated into the cups correctly (top & bottom).....springs looked tight against mount and seated correctly at bottom

are they all the same springs.....supplied complete units..didnt remove springs

are any of the shocks leaking......no visable leaks but only been on a week though!