mb2 build up..Starter problem!

Raz s

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update, Got the drives side lower arch/sill nearly finished today. It was a a right ball ache making the inner arch repair section, But all in all im very happy with the result. The inner arch welds aint very aesthetically pleasing due to not being able to get the grinder in but there perfectly strong and you cant really see them once seam sealer was applied.

Heres how it stands now with 90% of filler work done, All seam sealed and with a coat of stopper to sand tomorrow :D

Next jobs on list:

weld in new arch lip

weld in new rear arch replacement and make bumper mount

REPEAT ON OTHER SIDE :lol:

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

Hey Hey Hey! Thanks for your comments. More welding progress although being slow due to doing the clutch on my mates mb below. My sill is now all finished i found another two areas what had rather bad pitting and the metal was quite weak so....Out it come. It is now all welded up Primed with anti rust stuff and stonechipped. Next is to tackle the upper arch which will be a little more tricky as will need to look spot on.

Im aiming to get this side in top coat next week end Providing i find time in the week to get my paint. Fingerscrossed :)

Heres progress up to now.

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099-1.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

58d6b2e7b6824b4320ab8bb17fb9f190bfaf1d62-1.jpg

And the second.

DSC_0097-1.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

This is my friends M what he has just bought and the clutch went. No doubt he will be showing his face round here sometime soon.

DSC_0106.jpg