mb2 build up..Starter problem!

Raz s

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the weather is turd at the moment i today started my gurney flap.

I am first making a fiber glass plug to make a mold of and then hopefully make a carbon fiber one.

This is where im up to at the minute, the plug is far from finished and will still take a fair bit of work to finish but i have got the basic shape.

Here are a few pics sorry for the bad quality.

Taped off the area where the gurney flap will sit so no damaged is caused to the paint work

DSC_0230.jpg

Made abit of plastic to run along the edge of the spoiler with a hole in to put a pen in to mark the edge of the part

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

Marked equal spaces to mount my welding rod frame

DSC_0234.jpg

Then started fiber glassing around the frame

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

Hopefully more progress soon!

I have been looking at options to do this without make one or buy one. Good work, and if you want to make a few i will put my name down at the top of the list :D (depending on price).

Cheers mate, i have been thinking about that depending on how this mold turns out.

Obviously it might be a month or so to get all the little snags sorted and get all the materials etc. if i do make a few to sell ill do CF and fiberglass ones just left in primer to be a little cheaper as carbon ones might be a little pricey depending on what deal i get on the cloth. but yeh its definatly on the cards and your name will be at the top of the list :D:D