Mr Brown's Project MB3- Front End Repair Underway

Mr Brown

Win!

17" was all you needed! :D

Felt the dogs dangleys tonight totally different driving experience [smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

Looking sweet. Real nice wheels.

Like 5 spoke skyway mags for your car.

Thanks mate as i said to my mrs if i had a pocket full of cash and was buying new from a shop i would of choose that exact design :lol::lol::lol:

Spanking [smitten.gif] right bargain and a cracking service, what more could you want for xmas. :D:D

Now get it dropped. :P

Bargain indeed and cracking is not the word for it i was so shocked when my mrs rang me i laughed because when i left for work (i live in a cul-de-sac) a big white van pulled in and blocked

me so i flashed him to get out my way which he did, turns out it was the guy delivering my wheels :lol::lol::lol: Lowering will happen just not quite yet :cry::cry:

wheels suit the car well mate looks great!

cheers mate glad you like them got to change wheel nuts as mine are scruffy maybe i might get black ones to go with the theme

M.O.T went quite well she failed but only on three things

1- Nearside steering arm has relative movement at its fixings

2- Nearside track rod end ball joint has excessive play

3- Rear exhaust has major leak of exhaust gases

She is going back to my mechanic thursday he is going to do steering arm and track rod and i picked up new backbox today £25.00 inc gasket (so will prob fit tomorrow) after he fixed he going to take it back to mot where it will pass as is a partial re-mot

LOL they was going to fail it on drivers door handle said door not opening from outside so my mechanic looked at them confused said yes it does and just opened it :lol::lol:

And i never knew backbox was leaking it was quiet as a mouse untill they prodded about (not complaining i know thats what they meant to do) now it sounds like a tank :lol::lol:

Advisory Items

1- Parking brake lever has little reserve travel ( i knew that thought it would fail only reason i not adjusted yet is the screws to remove center console wont budge)

2- Oil leak ( that is wrong though i park in the same spaces at home and at work and have never left a drop of oil i think they mistaken because both cv boots had gone before i got fixed last week

and i can imagine loads of mess under there)

And thats it so im well chuffed, oh yeah had to pop my foglights out before mot one lense is knackered and could not get replacement at breakers found three m's at one breaker, three m's at another the third had none so i gave up was peeing down and all six i had found never had them just blanks

Sounds good then :D

Shame you couldn't run to a full stainless system too ;)

I may well do exactly that next year 8-)8-)8-)

Not too bad then, all fixable without too much £££, as Tom said shame you couldn't stretch to a full stainless system. :)

Indeed not bad at all and who knows when full stainless may arrive :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The new rims are looking fantastic mate, suits your M really well ;) And its good to see your Civic haven't got nothing major to be worked on for the re-test :P

Thanks mate glad you like them and yes no major work result seeing as she has done 15,000 hard delivery miles since i bought her in march :o:o

Its a standard box mate but i will take pics of the hole the mot station punched in the original one it has surface rust but is pretty solid metal and must have taken some force to

fold it in like that