Mr Brown's Project MB3- Front End Repair Underway

Mr Brown

Hopefully will see you through for longer mate! :)

yes fingers crossed, well that was the plan anyways...

Nice one mate! She's holding up really well and especially for that mileage. Not so much about the engine because Honda's are bullet proof (obviously) but what's around the car, like suspension an all. I love how my 17 year old MB3 is faultless! Fly's through the MOT every time without any advisories in the last 3 years of owning her. She's a gem! :smile:

I know mate although things are beginning to wear (i.e rear suspention for one) but this little MB works bloody hard delivering in my hands

That's the beauty of a Honda. If you treat them well they will treat you good back

Never a truer sentence spoken (or in this case typed :wink: )

8-)

great colour matching on the interior mate

Oh yes yes yes !!!! i was well happy with the match it could not of been closer..

Yeah these will keep going with the proper TLC  8-)

As above they really are workhorses of a completely different level to most cars..

She is back and with a years mot...

I do not get a list of work carried out or recipet from my mechanic he tells me over the phone what he is doing and how much and i just say go for it....

I can nor remember everything he said already but i know he did front cv as requested, she needed rear trailing arm bushes both side, rear brakes needed balancing and something else i forgot and to be honest i can not remember what else he said he did but it was a couple more things all i know is she feels so much better now and the rear end feels like it is actually connected rather than like a trailer..

All in including the mot cost she only set me back £260.00 which may seem a lot to some but as i keep saying she works very hard delivering..

Advisories were front shocks both sides have light misting of oil and front brake pads wearing..

So brakes, Easy.....

Front shocks, I guess a mg/lowering kit is due next year then ?????

• Like 1

She is back and with a years mot...

I do not get a list of work carried out or recipet from my mechanic he tells me over the phone what he is doing and how much and i just say go for it....

I can nor remember everything he said already but i know he did front cv as requested, she needed rear trailing arm bushes both side, rear brakes needed balancing and something else i forgot and to be honest i can not remember what else he said he did but it was a couple more things all i know is she feels so much better now and the rear end feels like it is actually connected rather than like a trailer..

All in including the mot cost she only set me back £260.00 which may seem a lot to some but as i keep saying she works very hard delivering..

Advisories were front shocks both sides have light misting of oil and front brake pads wearing..

So brakes, Easy.....

I'd use it as an excuse! :lol: 

Nice one with the MOT! 8-)

Thought as mot all sorted i would pop outside and fit the new heater resistor pack, Quick ten min job, the longest part was getting my tool box out and finding the correct screw driver LOL

• Like 1

Thought as mot all sorted i would pop outside and fit the new heater resistor pack, Quick ten min job, the longest part was getting my tool box out and finding the correct screw driver LOL

I've got that to do tomorrow when I get the car home!  

Are you asking if i have fitted or are going to fit Hardrace bushes. I have not looked into that side of things yet as not really started on the braking and handling side of things yet as you know i have been mostly concentrating on aesthetics

So brakes, Easy.....

Sounds like a perfect excuse to me but I don't really need much of one. :-D

• Like 1