my mb6 vti-s boost coming soon

lly1982

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8-) would the iabs be a complete No in the turbo world as int seen them used, but short memory, :?:can understand the plus sides but the extra £s involved £300 iabs as a daily ect so whats max, or how restrictive are the c4s inlets on/with turbo applications.also what books ect do you recomend forced turbo induction ect.and have you got any for sale:lol: could be a nice project :twisted: need to find out some specs and how to read them on some turbos i have, and if suitable, for 8200rpm B18c4 engine the displacement ratios :? and how to size for peak high /low spin spool things ect all a little confusing tbh :| looked at the link but makes little progress in my head :roll:so the books to read would be a start ;)

thanks yasar and sorry to spam your thread.

http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/index.php

hi i think quite a few people do still have the iabs but they have them permantely open, not sure how ricky racetec etc do it but i'd hazard a guess they leave them open as its easier to map.

i am not sure on the exact information myself as most has been through stuff read on the net but smaller housing = quicker spool aswell as smaller intercooler piping and run... then you have the type of turbo, ball bearing etc which again is a minefield. theres a great forum crx uk which has a lot of lovely information on turbos and engines by very knowledgebale people. worth checking out. its very deep once you read into it..

the car was already turbo'd previously with a greddy turbo kit and a forged engine which failed due to bad oil/pump so we had a rough understanding of the basics and most of the bits. all that was done was the old bits were sold and new ones were bought as the replacements..

Couple of pics, unfortunately the car failed to start the other day - unsure of the issue whether its immobilisier or a duff dizzy.

300 bhp is an estimate, it hasnt been dyno tuned yet just a road tune. will give it a proper tune as the tuner was unable to fit the parts for one reason or another..

the bigger throttle body hasnt been fitted, nor has the 3bar map sensor. if anyone can recommened a decent honda person to tidy the engine bay up with a nice tuck and paint etc then let me know around the midlands. as all the places we have been to havent done a splendid job or the price goes up like petrol price lol

166970_196711193756860_100002539427787_399143_513940882_n.jpg

394915_196711307090182_100002539427787_399145_2002819817_n.jpg

went out in this the other night,

its a fookin monster!

turbo comes on full chat by about 3500 and then vtec at 5.6k and all hell breaks loose.

it has been mapped but not too sure on that plus the wastegate had a leak.. might need tweaking to suit.

the wastegate spring is set for 7psi but its mapped for 10psi :S

its a fookin monster!

all hell breaks loose.

:S

i can envisage the some one purchasing driveshafts in the very near future.... :lol:.. you gotta get some vids up :P

its a fookin monster!

all hell breaks loose.

:S

i can envisage the some one purchasing driveshafts in the very near future.... :lol:.. you gotta get some vids up :P

x2 and lovin' the purple mate. :D

Archived