FroSTy my frozen white st225. revo stage 4 approx 350bhp - 370bhp. Wrapped

mcjacko1987

Ok so here's we go. The mod I kept secret until ford fair is.....

20160806_200427_zps9eucr9ew.jpg

20160806_200458_zpsmbwt9gf9.jpg

So yes it's a spoiler... and yes it's an rs spoiler which I wanted to avoid. However upon closer inspection there is a big difference...

20160806_200530_zpsieapyyvj.jpg

20160806_200537_zpsmqburcgn.jpg

20160806_200415_zpsrn5mj83u.jpg

20160806_200519_zps8cdrq7sb.jpg

So Yeah, As some of you know where looks are concerned I do try to be a bit different. And I believe this was the only option. The spoiler is a genuine rs spoiler. The extension on it has been custom made and cost £300 to be professionally done (this isn't no glued on lip). And I opted for a colour coded option again to be different. I know some of you said to not go further but I belive it works. And at ford fair it attracted a lot of attention... all of which positive. I however never paid for the extension and paint. I bought it off a very well known rs owners who was having it made for his car but before it was finished bought an m-sport spoiler instead. I got a very very good price on this.
Spoilt her? My honest opinion. I don't think so. At first I was a bit hmmmm.  But the more I looked, and the more feedback I got. I think the choice was right.

Next up some ford fair pics.

Prep complete
20160806_191138_zpsbomwnvrb.jpg

20160806_192648_zps8rsgfilw.jpg

On white st/rs owners stand
20160807_115833_zpsd4gmclpe.jpg

And shot with rich fox's rs
20160807_174516_zps90exyocc.jpg

My entry pic
Screenshot_20160808-114521_zps752twflm.p

And some track pics :)
1393_zpspaaxos4e.jpg

FB_IMG_1470725831391_zpseeaddbd4.jpg

FB_IMG_1470686837207_zpsegpol0wj.jpg

The last pic is a belter if I do say so myself. Taken from a performance ford photographer. And it gives a good comparison to a standard rs spoiler to mine.

Standard rs it leaves them standing. But on track I was keeping up with a 400bhp rs on the straight until we started getting 130mph ish and they started to pull away a bit.

Track has opened my eyes to what I need to do though. Cornering wasn't great. Entering a corner she was fine but trying to power out was useless (even the smallest bot of throttle) she just wheel spun and dragged me wide. A diff is desperately needed.

Also the intercooler I have can't cope with my set up on track and coolant and oil Temps went up high. Cooler I have is rated to 300 lol. So that will be on the cards. It's totally fine on the motorway and street though. Just on track the Temps shot up. A front mount oil cooler wouldn't go a miss either.

But still, I had so much fun.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

What sort of intake air temp and oil temps were you seeing on track?

Oil was about 120-125ish. Coolant was about 110. It soon dropped again when I was backing off. Then was creeping up again when I opened her back up.

Getting quite toasty then.. curious as mine ran quite hot. Coolant doesn't go over 95. But oil temps were hitting about 120ish. Have oil cooler on now. Oil temp usually stays under 100 degrees now. If it's real hot out  and giving it some or cruising at high speed for long periods. will get up to 110.

2 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Getting quite toasty then.. curious as mine ran quite hot. Coolant doesn't go over 95. But oil temps were hitting about 120ish. Have oil cooler on now. Oil temp usually stays under 100 degrees now. If it's real hot out  and giving it some or cruising at high speed for long periods. will get up to 110.

I currently have an rs oil cooler but that just stuck on the back of the block like the standard st one. Rs one is just a bit bigger. I know a front mount cooler will change things dramatically. Having a cooler at the back of the block along with a intercooler that's for 50less bhp than I'm running it's no wonder it was hot. Like I said fast road it's fine. Was having a play on the motorway with a jag and Temps stayed spot on. Track takes a whole lot of hammer though doesn't it.