Rescuing the MC2. End of one chapter, sold.

Karjis

• 2 months later...

Car had been running well. I acquired heated side mirror classes from "northern" version but didn't install them yet.

Because I moved to different city and found out that I drive a lot, and most of my driving is Highway driving at quite high speed the MC2 is just not right car for that. It feels bad to keep engine screaming 4500-5000 rpm for more than an hour at a time. It just feels uncomfortable and also keeps oil burning. After renovations not so much but still needed regular attention to keep oil at a right level. 

So I made a decision and sold my MC2 and got a diesel car for exhange. During last week I've again driven 1000 miles with avg. speed of 65mph (Winter speed limits, 100km/h in highway, here already, boooring) so I'm quite sure I made a right decision. 

I'll come back to Honda, but propably a bit newer one. 

But that said, this project ended on last sunday, at least for me.  

But.... it's a Honda. It loves doing tons of miles! I wish I seen this thread earlier as I was enjoying reading through the engine rebuild part. I even learned a few thing from it haha

I have to say that by feeling, MB3 with small engine and long gear ratios loved to eat the highway with quite small fuel consumption even with higher speeds (like 90-100mph though Germany once). I thinkg oil consumption would be more reasonable if the engine would rev only like 3000-3500rpm on highway, so basically would need a sixth gear or way longer fifth.

MC2 ate lots of fuel and some oil on highway and engine was yelling like driving in third gear with some other car. When cruising more than one hour without ever dropping speed below 70, it starts to annoy.

The car went to guy who is not driving long distances usually and has experience on more powerful cars, so I think it is at good home.