Probs selling up.

matty1

Bigger throttle body. :idea:

good call

Very good idea! What size should I go for? I'm aiming for a 3 inch intake pipe all the way, but I know il probs have to reduce it at the throttle body. Il probs have to port? The manifold to the same size of the throttle body to get the best results out of it.

Mmm this is what I would go for ,other people may say diff just giving my view :lol::D:D

I would run maybe run a 2.75" intake to a 68mm TB poss 70mm TB , would not go bigger than that think 68mm prob better :)

But he plans to remove those good qualities by taking the snail (intake provides yhe best of both short and long runners with the use of iab's) out and all of the c4's guts, the iab's have already been disabled so there's no real need to use the c4 head the ports just don't match up with other intakes very well even those made to fit the c4 head.

I've already got a skunk 2 inlet manifold for the c4 so that's why I've went for another c4 so I don't have to buy another inlet manifold. And the cheapest b18c head I could find was £300, where I got this c4 head that's been sonic cleaned and eveything for £150, BARGAIN!

I could be wrong but I read somewhere here that the skunk intake(for the C4) and the C4's ports were miss matched which would give bad airflow into the head and that is a bargain at that price, add some throttle bodies for sure they sound amazing!!

Are if you had not got a mani you could of gone with ITBs :D:D:D:D

That said I could of but not the best for sweet running on the road as a gt car

Was considering ITB's but a lot of people say there not good for daily driving and there a mission to set up on the dyno, which will cost a bomb!

Mmm this is what I would go for ,other people may say diff just giving my view :lol::D:D

I would run maybe run a 2.75" intake to a 68mm TB poss 70mm TB , would not go bigger than that think 68mm prob better :)

Really?? I've been told 3"or 75mm. Il try and get an old ITR throttle body then, or if I can pick up a decent aftermarket 70mm TB cheap.

But yea, seeing as you've got a ton of experience on this dave and got an amazing 310bhp k26 high comp engine Il look into your suggestions, cheers buddy

Skunk do 70mm, you expect that to be direct fit onto skunk mani

Il have a look out for one of these then. Cheers mate.

Was considering ITB's but a lot of people say there not good for daily driving and there a mission to set up on the dyno, which will cost a bomb!

Really?? I've been told 3"or 75mm. Il try and get an old ITR throttle body then, or if I can pick up a decent aftermarket 70mm TB cheap.

But yea, seeing as you've got a ton of experience on this dave and got an amazing 310bhp k26 high comp engine Il look into your suggestions, cheers buddy

75mm tb :shock: I think that's just to big ,bigger is not always better I do not think the head will be able to pull that much in unless you are doing some major head work oversizing the values and full port and rework ect. The thing is if you big on tb yes it may flow more and sometime better but if and prob will be the TB may not be the limiting factor of the induction flow system .( sometimes bigger just isn't any better esp on N/A ) :D

Glad you going N/A [smitten.gif] to many Blown Hondas :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree with Dave, I think 75mm tb would be too big without lots of extra head work to match everything up and if you're doing that you'll want to beef up the bottom end in which case you'd be better off starting with an 18c. :)

75mm tb :shock: I think that's just to big ,bigger is not always better I do not think the head will be able to pull that much in unless you are doing some major head work oversizing the values and full port and rework ect. The thing is if you big on tb yes it may flow more and sometime better but if and prob will be the TB may not be the limiting factor of the induction flow system .( sometimes bigger just isn't any better esp on N/A ) :D

Glad you going N/A [smitten.gif] to many Blown Hondas :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I didn't mean a 75mm TB, my bad, I meant a 75mm intake pipe from the cone filter then reduce it down to 68mm to meet in with the throttle body. How does that sound?

Are sorry mis read that :oops: are right yer that sound ok and run a 68mm TB . Or smaller TB ;)

Stock k20a only ran a 60mm tb ,62mm,and the biggest was 64mm only making 2hp more than the 60mm so for the money :roll: of a big tb