Williams MB2! Sound system purchased. Status error stuff on. 8/9/13

W_Williamson

Right, basically here's the question I need answered because I'm pretty useless with this kind of stuff. I like to jump in and get my hands dirty, and basically learn a I go. I don't know much about cars ect, but I love them. I'm going to be getting a few quid pretty soon, and I'm going to buy a cheapish set of coilovers. I'm not going expensive because they won't really be wound down that much due to the kids, so only really when I'm in the car myself! But my question is, can anyone recommend a decent set of cheap coillies, and also, do I need anything else or is it a straight swap for my shocks? And how easy are they to fit for a novice who wants to get his hands dirty and learn?

here are the ones I have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COILOVER-HONDA-CIVIC-91-00-ADJUSTABLE-SUSPENSION-/181177366306?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a2f033722

and as for getting stuck in, it is fairly simple to replace shocks and springs, the hardest bit you will come across may be seized bolts especially on the rear so maybe do it over a weekend if you need the car for work or something. and have spare bolts (think they come with the coilovers) incase you need to cut them off. and with these coilovers you will need to use the original tophats so you might need to get a spring compressor to change the tophats over to the coilovers. sorry if I have just bamboozled you :lol:

Ooh that paint incident is somewhat perturbing!! Not good.

As mentioned above for ya Coolies, make sure youve got two spare m10 hi tensile bolts with nylocs.

so.e ten quid spring compressors will suffice (I've used mine maybe ten times now still good)

And have a grinder, lump hammer and a punch of some sort handy incase lca bolts are stuck.

its a very simple procedure. With practise I can do one corner in around 20 mins now. Obviously first time gonna take a while.

Cheers guys! Another question, probably quite a silly one but one I need to ask. If I have these at the max height, will it be the same as standard? Going to have 2 kids in the back, 2 adults in the front, a double pram and shopping in the boot at some points so dont want it to be scrapping when it's like that!

I'd imagine you could set them near stock height. But if it makes you feel better. My mb6 was looooow and I used it daily. Last September we took a 400 odd mile round trip, with push chairs, bedding, clothes, tent, food... Everything but the kitchen sink so they say. Still perfectly practical.