Meet Sexy Lexy! Daves Honda Civic FN1 NOW SOLD

Dave

• 8 months later...

Been a long time since I updated this, but have done a few wee tasteful mods since her last update! Gone are the red mudflaps, just really went off them. Soooooo, what's she been getting done?

1st up is Nice set of wind deflectors. Not the usual "in window channel" type, but outside the channel fitment. Really impressed with these, no naff clips to bugger about with, and the fit is really spot on!

post-2844-0-90616800-1392913525.jpgpost-2844-0-80311700-1392913526.jpg

Next up, I wanted to sort a small detail that Honda really should have done when these were new. The rear "TypeS" badge is the same as the typeR one, only the whole "Type" bit is chrome, instead of black with chrome edging. This pee'd me off, as it looks like the badge was never properly finished. Know it's a pretty minor thing, but thought nope, I'm sorting that! So, could have painted it, but decided on a factory finish, so ordered up a New "TypeR" badge from Honda. Got this delivered then carefully cut the "R" off the badge, and replaced it with my "S" . Fitted to the tailgate, I think it looks much better! All in the small details!

post-2844-0-24717100-1392913527.jpgpost-2844-0-07444900-1392913528.jpg

I also replaced the standard front grill badge with the red TypeR "H". Not trying to pretend it's a TypeR, just like the fact it colour codes the badge to my car! lol

post-2844-0-28709800-1392914118.jpg

Next up was a fairly big mod. Decided too upgrade the OEM head unit to a double din head unit with touch screen display. I went for the Pioneer AVH-3500DAB, a feature packed unit. Always loved Pioneer stuff, and as it was originally a make Honda used for their standard stereos, kinda felt like staying true to the brand. I thought the Head unit came with built in sat nav, but found out to my cost that it doesnt. It has the facility to control the satnav, but the actual sat nav is a separate unit, and another £375! But seeing as i wanted a built in sat nav, i went and bought that too! Converting the dash to double din was done with a kit from Honda bits (bought with a discount through civicinfo.com, a site I've been a member of for a few years) and this kit included special leads to enable the top display where the radio info is usually displayed, along with the climate control, to be still used. It also includes another adapter and harness which means I can still use all the controls on the steering wheel. Great bit of kit! Fitting the head unit is a major task, which meant most of the dash and all the centre console had to be removed from the car. I'll post pics of her in bits during fitment later! Once all fitted though, she now looks like this!

post-2844-0-91019400-1392913528.jpgpost-2844-0-51876300-1392913529.jpgpost-2844-0-75502800-1392913530.jpgpost-2844-0-49164200-1392913531.jpg

Can't fault this head unit! The sound, even through oem speakers, is amazing! It also has DAB radio, parrot blue tooth built in, which sounds crystal clear, Mixtrax feature, which is really cool, and obviously the sat nav. Neat wee touch on the sat nav is I can change the usual wee arrow to a 3D car on the map. And well, with the wee car being bright red, it looks like lexy on the map!!! lol Well chuffed with this head unit set up, recommend it to anyone!

Another wee small detail I got from Gerry on civicinfo was the "TypeS" logo made for the centre console. This looks really sweet, and just makes the dash that lil bit more special.

post-2844-0-13396300-1392913530.jpg

• Like 1

Know what you mean mate! I came close around 2 weeks ago to trading her in for a typeR in white. Just love the look of them! But it was going to cost me at least 3 grand to trade her in for a car that had more miles than her, was older, cost more to insure/tax/run and wasnt as well equipped! So decided against it, and glad i did tbh. Been in a few FN2's and the ride quality is bollocks, couldnt live with it on a daily basis. Far too stiff and uncomfortable for our roads! Lexy has all the TypeR looks, same body kit etc, without the running costs. Still got enough oomph to annoy a lot of other cars too ;-)

Looking very tidy Dave. Is that a hotwheels or a tomica model on the dash?

It's a genuine Honda one mate, had to get it sent from Japan! £75 for that silly wee car lol, must need my head looking at! Can't get the genuine Honda ones now though.

Next on cards is new wheels.........got a full set of FN2 TypeR alloys (18") which have been refurbished and never fitted waiting in the wings, or possibly an after market option! Watch this space!

Oh, and got the TypeR rear light unit getting delivered on Friday. this is black, as opposed to the current red one thats fitted

lmao they saw me coming bud! Still, kept its original wee plastic case and mounting stand that it came with so can probs sell it in future for more (to some other mug I see coming!! lmao)

• Like 3