Meet Sexy Lexy! Daves Honda Civic FN1 NOW SOLD

Dave

Well, thought I better make a start on Ruby (my old MB6) replacement. I actually bought this without really looking for one of these! Was originally looking for an EP2, but fell across this on the local Honda dealerships forecourt!......
Lexy!
DSC_0086_zpsf5b7c45e.jpg
She's a 2011 Honda Civic Type S-GT, in milano red. Test drive over, I was hooked! Really nice car to drive, so quiet and comfy! Obviously not gonna be as fast as Ruby, but with 138bhp (I think) she's no slouch either. Fuel economy is bloody amazing! Being the GT model, the spec is cool too.
Full glass panoramic roof with electric blinds front/rear.
Cruise control.
Dual climate control.
Air con.
Air conned glovebox.
tidy head unit with full iPod control.
USB socket.
Sports seats (half cloth/suede)
alloy pedals
air bags chuffing everywhere!
DSC_0090_zpsb9b698b9.jpg

DSC_0089_zps3f381912.jpg

I'll get some more pics up when I get time. I like cars with an interesting history, and she's no exception. 1 previous owner, Honda Swindon! Shes a factory lass! lol And typical me, I had the first mod (even though I said I wouldn't be modding her) done before she even left the showroom! Got the rear spoiler bought from and fitted by Honda before I picked her up! Also got a few more goodies bought for her, but will keep them under wraps until fitted. ;)

Sadly, I've only owned her for about 3 weeks, and haven't even seen her for over a week now! :( She's currently back at Honda, because I found a few flaws with her paintwork that I wasn't happy about. And you know how fussy I am about my cars! So she's in their bodyshop. They are now awaiting someone from Honda Swindon to come up and inspect the paint, because being a Honda approved car she should be perfect. The fact she's had some paintwork attention (that in my opinion was poorly done) they are actually carrying out an investigation into why this has happened. The dealership had no idea, and it wasn't noted anywhere (except to say Honda had had some stone chip damage repaired before she was sent up here for sale) so they now want to know why their own bodyshop have carried out a substandard refinishing job! Pee's me off, because I would prefer them to just bloody fix it and let me be on my way, and them to carry out investigations in their own time, not mine! Still, they gave me a brand new civic to kick about in till she's back. And I hate it. It's gutless, it looks like a turd, and I hate driving it! Honda have ruined the FN with the new facelifted one. It's ugly, and the interior sucks! Can't wait to get Lexy back! :lol:

Was not my cup of tea when this shape first came out. Like most things it grew on me to the point where i now know (for the first time ever :lol::lol::lol: NOT) i was wrong and its a great looking car.

Really nice example you have there looks [smitten.gif][smitten.gif] in the red just think you need to Jazz Up the interior a bit all a bit John Major in there :lol::lol::lol:

That's ridiculous, I can't understand why they don't just sort it and call in the Spanish Inquisition later. :evil:

I know what you mean about the new shape, the fn when it came out was like nothing else available, completely mad and they've tried to tone it down, it just doesn't work. :roll:

Was not my cup of tea when this shape first came out. Like most things it grew on me to the point where i now know (for the first time ever :lol::lol::lol: NOT) i was wrong and its a great looking car.

Really nice example you have there looks [smitten.gif][smitten.gif] in the red just think you need to Jazz Up the interior a bit all a bit John Major in there :lol::lol::lol:

More peas dear. :lol:

SpittingImage1_468x700.jpg

That's ridiculous, I can't understand why they don't just sort it and call in the Spanish Inquisition later. :evil:

I know what you mean about the new shape, the fn when it came out was like nothing else available, completely mad and they've tried to tone it down, it just doesn't work. :roll:

More peas dear. :lol:

SpittingImage1_468x700.jpg

rlol.gif1rlol.gif1rlol.gif1rlol.gif1rlol.gif1rlol.gif1rlol.gif1

lmao at the john major spitting image! Yeah, I hate the newer version, looks total crap. No idea whats with the huge lights at the rear, or the daft wee bits of plastic stuck to the rear quarters! And theyve changed the interior/dash, and it looks bloody pants!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ell, after 7 weeks, Lexy is finally back from hondas bodyshop. She's looking top dollar so far, but will be checking over the next couple of days. Heres a couple of pics, complete with a few mods I'd got for her!!

DSC_0010_zps767e3775.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsd9ebe0c8.jpg

The new leather gator with white stitching to match the rest of the interior.

DSC_0012_zps2bd3891d.jpg

DSC_0011_zps92ecb0d9.jpg

got the new red mudflaps fitted all round too, each with the type s logo on them. These were a bit expensive for what they are/do, but the quality of them is really high. Even the brackets/plates are all stainless steel, and theres a really good fitting kit with them too

Hope you all like.