Dinochips Project mb6

dinochips

The time has come to start my project thread, I now have enough work done on the car to keep this thread going for a while.

I bought this mb6 from the user Nickrueth as he was a close friend of mine and i didnt want to see his pride and joy vanish plus like most freaking love the sound of VTEC.

here is a list of mods on the car:
17" team dynamic rims
tegiwa induction kit
slammed on coilovers
supersprint straight through pipe
powerflow backbox (raspey as hell)
de chromed
horn degayed
custom made angel eye headlights
rear upper strut brace
MG zs spoiler
arches rolled
JDM tow hook
police blue strobes behind grill :D
MG cup holder
Short Shifter

i am sure the list will go on and hopefully will be able to show you all the mods in the this thread.

ENJOY

So the first thing i had to change was the suspension as it wasnt fitted correctly the springs had been fitted back to front so was a easy fix.
here is your first photo of the car and how it sits

img3815ev.jpg

so here is the MGzs spoiler added, i sprayed it matte black to blend in with the trim and i thought it looked amazing. helps make the rear of the car look so much more aggressive.

BEFORE

img3987c.jpg

AFTER

img3995g.jpg

and one with no spoiler

img3992ac.jpg

horn degayed

rlol.gif1

I think I saw this on Pistonheads a while back! Really do like the wheels! The matte black ZS spoiler, suits the colour scheme beautifully! [smitten.gif]

What have you got planned for her?

So i better start showing the process of how i made the angel eyes hope you all enjoy guys and girls :)

started with buying a new set of headlights found on ebay for £30 which i pulled apart straight away.

img3893p.jpg

Keep in mind i have also already purchased a projector kit, HID kit, LED angel eye ring and HID harness all from china so in all took me over two months to make these bloody things :)

The LED rings lights where the next item to arrive.

img3896a.jpg

I took my headlight bit to work with me and on my lunch started to sand back the chrome so it can be sprayed.

img3894w.jpg

img3895i.jpg

Projectors and HID arrived and then the fun really began :)

img4019a.jpg

I glued in a red LED into the bulb (make sure the LED has a resistor on) to give the projectors a demon eye effect in low light

img4010nk.jpg

The projector kit also came with these chrome shrouds which i had to modify to fit my LED rings to.

BEFORE

img3909b.jpg

DURING

img3910u.jpg

Im lucky that in my line of work i have use of a laser cutter so i was able to cut out some support rings to help hold on the LED ring

img3913x.jpg

AFTER

img3915.JPG

This is the horn i got to replace the squeecky rubbish one that came on the car. Its a old lucas low tone horn found on old rolls Royce's and dam its a beast of a sound i will add a video in the future.

img4052y.jpg

Anyway back to the angel eyes.

Once I had made sure the projectors would fit I was able to go onto the next stage.

img3902gw.jpg

I started vac forming the headlights with the projectors in to make a nice cover.

img3918o.jpg

This was a very difficult process to do as i went through alot of vivac trying to get a even shape between the two headlight and after my 6 attempt i decided to adapt what i had as the straight from the heat and presure started to crack the original housing.

Some failed attempts

img3919k.JPG

img3923u.jpg

Quick test fit to make sure the front plate fits over. it did :)

img3921en.jpg

horn degayed

rlol.gif1

I think I saw this on Pistonheads a while back! Really do like the wheels! The matte black ZS spoiler, suits the colour scheme beautifully! [smitten.gif]

What have you got planned for her?

cheer buddy :D next big job is going to be a alloy refurb as the paint job isnt to great, apart from that go loads planed hopefully will show it all to you guy :)