VTi-S MB6 project. Turbo fitted

darthcrab

ok, first off the turbo kit.

It's a race tech kit, with TD05 turbo.

I am going to change the manifold at some point. once fitted I am heading voer to Eurospec 2000 to have it all mapped to my engine, even though the ECU is mapped to another B18c4, and I am having all the exact bits from it, injectors, pump ect.

20130614_100354.jpg

Then here is the fuel tank out. not really much to see, but thought I would make a start on the things like this, so when I come to fit the turbo, all the silly jobs that take time like this are done.

20130614_142039.jpg

then here is the air con. this has to go to make room for the turbo and the intercooler. weighed a bit, so nice weight saver right there. 

20130614_171000.jpg

Just need to buy some resistors for the injectors and then I will get to it.

Thinking maybe tuesday. but at this rate, wed or thursday.

Either way, happy with what I got done today. being back under the back of the car again today I really really want new lower control arms now, they look nasty. 

tomorrow I am going to give it a clean and polish. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes :) got all my mates on my case to get it done, and had a day off today, job cancelled on me so thought I should get something done.

love your wheels in sig, look great.

Cheers, yeah I love 'em.

If i had the dosh i would turbo mine! Great stuff happening here! 8-) 8-) 8-)

x2, my mate keeps banging on about ditching the aircon and slinging a blower in, running costs though. :o

• 2 weeks later...

been a while since I've updated this, so here goes.

Last friday, I decided that this was the day I was going to do the turbo fitment. 

I finished my job and got back about 3pm, and got to it.

I finished for the day at about 9ish and had got a fair bit done, manifold and turbo on, exhaust, oil line and t-peice. Water hoses.

I then realised that my harnes adapter was completely wrong for my harness. , but mine wasnt far orr from the odb1 ecu plugs.

Having a look around, I was ingormed that my plugs would go in with a bit of work, and I needed to bridge a wire. perfect.

Saturday was my girlfriends birthday, so I didnt do anything really, just bought a circular drill bit to make a hole for the charge pipe.

Sunday I fitted the charge pipe in, the intercooler and soldered the resistors for injectors. as well as file down the rubber seals so the injectors would fit.

I had big issues with the clips fitting, ie, they didnt.... at all. I clipped away at them, until they were just a mess and at least plugged in. and then shortly found out that MGF injector plugs are an exact fitment for evo injectors. Being a guy who only works on the K-series rover engine, I have LOADS of MGF plugs and stuff, so I wired them in and spot on, no mangled plugs..

Fired it up and all worked. spot on.

This is normally the part where I should write about how something went wrong, or fell off, or the turbo died. but nothing, it's great. works perfect pretty much.

I have drvien (rightly or wrongly, dont judge me) around 300 miles with it since the conversion, and I have in that time driven it normal, driven it a little hard hitting boost, and had a race against my brothers EP3. and not yet has it spluttered, cut out, plooms of smoke. 

The one thing I have noticed, is it is in need of a new rad, it does as expected get hot if boosted for a good time. it does cool down, it doenst smoke or lose coolant ect. it just gets hot and a new rad will fix this for sure.

overall I am happy. its fast, sounds insane, right now looks like a hack job as the bumper is a bit..... s**t. I got carried away and cut places I shouldnt have and kinda just bodged it on. to be fair, in my defence. it needed a new one anyway, or at least a respray, so maybe I will sort another one out and do that properly.

a few pics of it below. nothing special, and the shot of it with bumper on was just me lining it up and where I left it for the night, so its not actually fitted right.

I did what I said I would pretty much, before the deadline (tomorrow) Suspension, ARB, Turbo, Brakes.

The wheels I am leaving for the min, and the spoiler, that was a dead cert until I went to the guy who I knew had one at a breakers and someone beat me to it. the rear strut, if im honest I forgot about it as I was so wrapped up in the turbo. 

And after all that, I am not going to japshow lol

IMG_20130623_113839.jpg

IMG_20130624_183117.jpg

IMG_20130625_162130.jpg

IMG_20130628_165656.jpg

Man im so jealous of your turbo! You made it sound so easy to install as well, really would like one but sure someone said would cost a couple of grand to sort, just too much for me to spend on a cheap car! Love the exhaust , ok for mot? Well done mate , got that sorted quick time

Man im so jealous of your turbo! You made it sound so easy to install as well, really would like one but sure someone said would cost a couple of grand to sort, just too much for me to spend on a cheap car! Love the exhaust , ok for mot? Well done mate , got that sorted quick time

In all honesty, if you have the right bits, its all bolt on stuff. And id say 2k is a fair price if your going to do it right and make it reliable. And ues its alot for a cheap car. The only reason I did it was id never done a turbo build before, always wanted to and this came up at great price.

Exhaust should be ok so long as its not in danger of burning a pedestrian id the walk past or some rubbish like that.

It didnt take ling at all and has deffo got me interested in doing something like this again.