VTi-S MB6 project. Turbo fitted

darthcrab

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kit im getting has everything, including ECU.

It has been mapped with the injectors and manifold ect I am getting from a B18c4. so I can just bolt it on and good to go, although yes I know it will need a fine tune as all engines are different.

Ok, So been a short while since doing anything more. Work has been flat out and every time I say to myself, ok I will do this on this day. I get a job book in. and being self employed, I kinda have to take them as they come.

So, Today after a trip to Great Yarmouth for a small job, I got back at about 2ish, and decided to go ahead and fit the ZS 180 struts and Rear ARB. Was in the mood, and it's one of them things I didnt really have the motivation for, but it had to be done before I boost.

Pretty straight forward and not much to report really. I took a couple of photos, but I think the after shot doesnt really show the difference in the height. 

Handling has improved 10 fold. it's kind of rediculous how much better it is, and thats with bushes that have seen better days, cheapy tyres and dampish roads.

By far one of the most noticable mods I have done for a long while. and all in cost me £70. Very happy with that.

Thursday I eventually pick up the turbo kit. but that's about it for a few days. I am away on friday in norwich, which could be a long one, Saturday with the kids and sunday I may be going up to newcastle to do a job. so, as of now, Monday will be the earliest I start to fit the turbo to it. 

Anyway, here are some pics, before and after, although prob not any difference in pic, and the 2 ARB's although im sure this kind of thing has been documented many times on here.

before

20130611_142344.jpg

after

20130611_195313.jpg

the ARB's need to sort the new one out as it goes.

20130611_180114.jpg

Got the tank off. really wasnt in the mood for it, but gave in as I need to have the pump in there before I get to the botling on of turbo ect. 

Wasnt that bad, it's off, new pump in and now having a (another) 5 min break. all in all so far taken about 30/40 mins

i'll get the pics of kit up soon, have it on instagram, just need to upload to my photobucket.

right..... back to it :)