De-cat or not to de-cat

spudley1988

i put my cat on every year for the mot and for me makes a big different. first when the cat is on you wouldn't believe the backbox is the same as it sound as quiet as a standard box but with the straight pipe on the backbox turns into the raspyest beast ever!! it also feels alot more tame with the cat on. but its a change i only make for one day a year  [smitten.gif] 

In my mb6 the decat gives a nice and fat raspy sound when its hot, also it revs a little more happier on low revs, on high revs i cant find any difference in power.

Will be ordering a de-cat pipe a lot quicker than hoped as the insides of my cat have shat themselves and im now left with horrible rattles when im driving along.

mine done that lol was rasping all day long!

Do none of you guys get hassle for exhaust noise. Our police round here are total arseholes and target modify cars all the time. Could be due to lack of work or they are just twats. Im slighttly lucky as ive complained about them a lot. Just wandered if u guys get hassle though as many of u all seem to have de-cats lol.