Maz's Silver MB2 Project... SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! :(

ammarbm

I did try the alloys on today..love how they look but there was a problem. The rear alloys are not setting in properly. I tried to tight the bolts as much as I could but every time I would drive the rear ones are making a loud noise line they are not on properly. I have taken them off for now might take them to the tyre shop tomorrow.don't know what's wrong with them :-$

IMG-20131030-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20131030-WA0001.jpg

20131030_132647.jpg

Sits nicely on them as well

20131030_143857.jpg

• Like 1

Its not the worse scissor jack ive seen but had one go over on me once! Think i only paid about £20 for my trolley great investment!

Definitely I will be getting one soon easiest way to remove wheels..the scissor jack just takes too long and too much effort

• Like 1

Right ok couple of things-

The wheel issue is probably the centre bore. If the alloys are off an MX5, Suzuki or some other makes the centre bore is too small (you need 56.1mm the old mx5 is about 54mm) Alloys are hub centric- you need to get them machined out to fit the hubs or machined oversize to fit a reducing spigot ring. If the centre bore is correct check that the offset is not to much and the inner rim is not rubbing on suspension components.

The tyre size you need is 195/50/r15. Your car does not have the same rolling radius as the MB6/MC2 (that is a downsize on them but not yours) likewise some of the MA models. Use the stock size on the sticker in your drivers door shut, put it into a calculator online and use the related sizes it recommends. Tyre size is the final gearing for your car deviating more than a couple of percent can really duck up all kinds of things from the speedo to fuel economy, torque etc. If you feel the need to go wider on 15's it is possible but 195 is a good compromise between grip and efficiency.

• Like 1

Those wheels look great on Maz! Best shes looked yet. Dont know what that whining can be? Sounds like they are binding on something

Thanks for liking her mate. My Mrs had a look while I drove past her and she said it's the rear making noise and it feels like they are not in place properly they are moving that's why they are making rubbing noise

Right ok couple of things-

The wheel issue is probably the centre bore. If the alloys are off an MX5, Suzuki or some other makes the centre bore is too small (you need 56.1mm the old mx5 is about 54mm) Alloys are hub centric- you need to get them machined out to fit the hubs or machined oversize to fit a reducing spigot ring. If the centre bore is correct check that the offset is not to much and the inner rim is not rubbing on suspension components.

The tyre size you need is 195/50/r15. Your car does not have the same rolling radius as the MB6/MC2 (that is a downsize on them but not yours) likewise some of the MA models. Use the stock size on the sticker in your drivers door shut, put it into a calculator online and use the related sizes it recommends. Tyre size is the final gearing for your car deviating more than a couple of percent can really duck up all kinds of things from the speedo to fuel economy, torque etc. If you feel the need to go wider on 15's it is possible but 195 is a good compromise between grip and efficiency.

195/50/15 is definitely the tyre size I will be going for as all I have heard is good about that size.

I don't understand what machined out means.if they are 54mm and I need 56.1mm can that be resolved using spigot rings?

Also the front seem to settle in properly in place but rear were not in place. As I stated earlier the tyres were different sizes in front and rear. Front were 185/55/15 and rear were 205/50/15 you think that is creating the problem?

They look so good. Shame they don't fit just right yet.

Thanks Tom. I know I was really looking forward to having them fitted it was disappointing when they didn't fit :-(

Was about to say bore may be an issue but thats been covered. Is there some old spigot rings stuck in that could be replaced if that's the issue??

Do look nice!!

I don't think there are any spigot rings already there Jake but I will have another look to make sure of that.