Anyone talk to me about ECU's?

LSA9K

I have a very similar set up on my MB ( type r cams, skunk 2 inlet,skunk 2 70mm throttle body, 4-1 manifold,de-cat,cold air induction kit,full exhaust) currently I'm running a stock B18C4 ecu and she runs sweet as a nut with no engine management light on,drives fine and all I did was plug in the vacuum valve for the 2 stage inlet which is all you'll have left over from changing the inlet manifold :)

As for ECU though - on the 2nd of September Performance Auto Works are fitting me a Hondata S300 ecu with slight wiring mods and then tuning the whole car on a dyno.i would recommend getting yours re mapped as I do feel mine is slightly holding back due to the amount of mods carried out. Ultimately it will run better with a re map! I'll let you know how I get on and then I'll be in a better place to advice ;)

It will be interesting to see how much difference the ecu and mapping makes, you'll be rolling it before I take it??

I should get print out's from before and after, I'm hoping for 190-200bhp. Be interesting to see what the first run is with all the mods and not tuned though! To be honest I'm expecting a power loss from standard to start with.....

Crome? I've not heard of that noodles...... I did have a guy who had made a map setting for my ecu and could fit the chip for £200. My gripe with that was how can u accurately adjust the map if you don't run it on a dyno?? Yes you can get it prety close with out doing dyno runs but atleast having the figures in front of u rather than trial and error u can get it perfect.

I will have to bair this in mind. My cars already booked in the performance autoworks and I've payed a deposit so I will still go ahead with that first......I must admit, reading your link noodles it does sound like a good bit of kit however I've not heard of it and I certainly don't know of any tuned cars that run this who have recommended it. Have you tried it?

lots of tuners use it i recon its on pgmfi forums its been around decads obd1 is old hat tbh but is reprogramable

no i cooked my ecu up socketing it :roll: but i int give up yet,look on Htune ECUs for info regarding

not for the novice !!

ps dont think you would get a chip in your pk9 ecu its ob2 and not chippable thats why you need obd1

http://mycomputerninja.com/~jon/www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/WebHome.html

Well u learn something new everyday :) yes your right mine is not re-mappable hence the £1200 cuz £800 of that is a new rewritable ecu! I've seen alot of piggy back systems for sale before for ecu's but I must admit I just wanted to do it right first time without cutting anycorners. Yeh it's costing a fortune but atleast when it's all done if I want to upgrade the car further then I'll never have to worry about upgrading ecu's anymore :)