Burbleboy's VTi-S Build **NOW SOLD 16/12/15**

burbleboy

No idea if there's a difference, just don't want you finding out there is a difference in a bad way if that makes sense? I'm one of those that checks twice, cuts once and still ends up in A&E having missed and cut my arm off! 

You were right to question it mate. Made me double check as can't afford to have this wrong! It's the B16 sumps that are different to B18. Oil pick ups are different. According to Internet, all B18 sumps are the same.

• Like 1

If anyone on here has any doubts that a fellow member may be ordering incorrect items or even just guiding them to double check things then I'm all for it! Best to double check things in case it may be wrong. :)

• Like 1

No difference mate.. b16 sumps are shallower. B18 sumps are all same.

b18 has a girdle on main caps. Hence the deeper sump.

Cheers mate. Phoned the company back and told them to send it asap.

Hope the monkeys in my work don't over tighten this one. It must have been ME that somehow managed to over tighten it the first time, as the leak was from the same place, BUT the mechanic managed to rip the new sump gasket. Which means HE had over tightened. I saw the gasket come out the sides of the sump when I looked underneath on Sunday. But it's my word against his as to who damaged the sump, so I will take it on the chin and move on.

If he fecks the new one then it's on his head.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoon sump arrived yesterday and fitted. Everything ok :)

Been a long drawn out saga but the Moroso sump doesn't look bad after tightening issues, so will hopefully sell that to my mate who seems interested.

I fitted a daytime driving led strip to the interior today (stick on)....Feck me that thing is bright 8-)  It is an 'Alastair special' instillation but it does the trick!

Pictures later as I have left my phone in the house (I'm at work now)

• Like 1