Burbleboy's VTi-S Build **NOW SOLD 16/12/15**

burbleboy

That makes sense mate but I can't tell my work to try and put sealer on it (at my request) as they will turn and blame me for deviating away from Hondas recommendations. Best to leave them to try and seal it the recommended way :)

They might do it that anyway, we'll soon see when they tackle the job.

Dunno man.. both my current c4s you can see it splodging out all way round sumps Just like gearbox.

It is a thick and wide gasket. Nae idea why it's not sealing but hey...the professionals are onto it!

They might do it that anyway, we'll soon see when they tackle the job.

Hopefully today as there's a full shift in today....including me :(

Right...The mechanic working on it couldn't get it to seal either. Luckily u had kept the old sumo and after taking it off (again) they found the Moroso sump was distorted due to overtightning. I had torqued them to correct as followed the instructions. Going to order an OEM sump n gasket tomorrow as want no messing about.

15892451.jpg

20150403_003632.jpg

20150403_003643.jpg

Right...The mechanic working on it couldn't get it to seal either. Luckily u had kept the old sumo and after taking it off (again) they found the Moroso sump was distorted due to overtightning. I had torqued them to correct as followed the instructions. Going to order an OEM sump n gasket tomorrow as want no messing about.

15892451.jpg

20150403_003632.jpg

20150403_003643.jpg

According to this....torque setting is 8.7lbf-ft.....sump manufacturer says 9lbf-ft. May have a case for refund IF Western Honda confirm this. The difference may be 0.3 lbf-ft but it may be huge in 'torque world'

Also, according to forums (not that they are reliable) others have had similar problems with sumps distorting. They say the sumps are fragile when it comes to torquing them and must be done correctly. Ffs! Just gets better n better eh?