Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

I forgot to add that when I got the car it came with one remote, which didn't work and looked terrible. 

null_zpsffe901b8.jpg

This quickly annoyed my OCD.  After finding out that I can't just recode a second remote and not being @rsed sourcing a replacement receiver and pair of remotes I thought I'd just make do with what I had.

Turns out my remote only needed a new battery and I bought a cheapo remote off ebay and took the rubber buttons off it and it now looks like this :)

remote_zpsb6165ad4.jpg

Ouch, nice dent to your wallet there!

Nice touch with the fob there!

Yeah that's the only downside to these not being as popular as EG's, EK's etc is the cost of parts is a bit higher! But at least these are the sort of TLC things that you only tend to do once or twice in the cars liftime (seals, sump type thing).

Should easily give you a couple of years trouble free after that lot!

As you said, mileage is only half the story! Has it got any service history?

• Like 1

Yeah I'm hanging on to this one for the next year or two now whether I like it or not lol  I've still a few things that I want to get done over the next few months such as underseal it and have a good hoke and prod at the suspension bushes, but it means any performance mods keep getting pushed back.

It came with a stamped service book up until early this year and the past half dozen or so MOT certs and tax discs, but no receipts (which is something I always keep).  The guy who had it said that the ABS lights have been on since he bought the car two years ago!  I'd have thought this would would have been an MOT failure; it certainly would be here in Northern Ireland where our MOT centres are government ran and can be quite strict.  It did make me wonder if he had a 'friendly' MOT tester and just maintained usual service items such as plugs, filters and oil.

LSA9K mentioned on here earlier that he thought he recognised the car from a previous member.  I've been trying to find it a few times but can't find a thread on it.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm hanging on to this one for the next year or two now whether I like it or not lol  I've still a few things that I want to get done over the next few months such as underseal it and have a good hoke and prod at the suspension bushes, but it means any performance mods keep getting pushed back.

It came with a stamped service book up until early this year and the past half dozen or so MOT certs and tax discs, but no receipts (which is something I always keep).  The guy who had it said that the ABS lights have been on since he bought the car two years ago!  I'd have thought this would would have been an MOT failure; it certainly would be here in Northern Ireland where our MOT centres are government ran and can be quite strict.  It did make me wonder if he had a 'friendly' MOT tester and just maintained usual service items such as plugs, filters and oil.

LSA9K mentioned on here earlier that he thought he recognised the car from a previous member.  I've been trying to find it a few times but can't find a thread on it.

That sounds decent up until you mention the ABS light being on for so long! Sounds fishy but hopefully you've caught all of the neglected areas!  

Be interesting to find out if it was a member on here as that doesn't make the club look good if it was!

Thanks dude but I personally don't think someone's poor maintenance looks poorly on the club. 

I understand it's a 14 year old car and a relatively cheap car  so some people will always skimp a bit on relatively expensive repairs. So far I haven't really discovered any lies that the seller has spun me....well apart from the advert describing it as 'immaculate' lol.  It's my responsibility to ask the right questions and visually recognise potential issues with the car when viewing it, so I can't really be annoyed at him. 

The site has treated me very well since I've joined.  After I was directed to 1000rpm on here and him shipping stuff out to me quickly I'd decided I'll be showing my gratitude to the site soon by paying up for a year's membership.    Of course that'll be in a few weeks time once I get all this spannering work done and paid for.  My bank account needs a bit of a rest lol

Been an expensive month for you then, as above though, hopefully it should be sorted and back to full reliability. ABS light should be a failure, so must've been a friendly tester.

Good job with the remote.  :)

Jeeesus  :oops:  You weren't joking when you said it wasent quite up to scratch where you dude.

At least your getting piece of mind with everything being done mate it will be worth it when everything is done.

Totally true about low miles its only half the story - when I got mine it had less than 60K has all service history and receipts and was specifically told brake lines had been done - Few month later they all blew on me :eek:  Just waiting to see whats next lol 

All the best with the car dude hopefully when you get it back you can enjoy it for a while before starting something else on it.

• Like 1

Thanks dude but I personally don't think someone's poor maintenance looks poorly on the club. 

I understand it's a 14 year old car and a relatively cheap car  so some people will always skimp a bit on relatively expensive repairs. So far I haven't really discovered any lies that the seller has spun me....well apart from the advert describing it as 'immaculate' lol.  It's my responsibility to ask the right questions and visually recognise potential issues with the car when viewing it, so I can't really be annoyed at him. 

The site has treated me very well since I've joined.  After I was directed to 1000rpm on here and him shipping stuff out to me quickly I'd decided I'll be showing my gratitude to the site soon by paying up for a year's membership.    Of course that'll be in a few weeks time once I get all this spannering work done and paid for.  My bank account needs a bit of a rest lol

That's fair enough!  

Should be a cracking car once all the work is done!

While you're resting the wallet you can build up to 200 posts so you'll be able to get some Gold membership!

The "Off Topic" section should give you an easy way up to 200 posts! 8-)

• Like 1

While you're resting the wallet you can build up to 200 posts so you'll be able to get some Gold membership!

The "Off Topic" section should give you an easy way up to 200 posts! 8-)

Oh, didn't realise I needed 200 posts as well to join up and just thought that was for classifieds :oops:

I'll get there eventually :)

• Like 1