Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

I just thought I'd start a thread on here for my VTI-S. I just bought it at the weekend there from Hamilton in Scotland and drove it back to Northern Ireland on Sunday night.

I've always had a soft spot for Hondas having owned a couple of newer Civics and an '08 S2000 GT. When the S2000 went I replaced it with a 2002 Audi S3 and a mk3 golf GTI. I've been slowly doing bits and pieces to the engine in the S3 and bought the GTI as a runaround. The GTI sold in June and I've been looking something to replace it with ever since. When I seen this pop up I had to jump on a plane and go get it.

All I have are the pics from the advert, but once I give it a good run over with my polisher I'll stick up some more photos. I'll probably be asking alot of questions on this thread or elsewhere on the site, so any help would be great :)

Anyways, here she is.

null_zpsbd8610d0.jpg

null_zpsa3a6d41f.jpg

null_zpsfde7dfcd.jpg

It's a 1999 car with 68,000 miles, full stamped history and plenty of old MOT certs.

It seems pretty standard, although there is a 5Zigen backbox and 2.5" system on it. It also has Integra cams, which to be honest I know nothing about or what effect it has on the car. It still pulls nice and hard and the exhaust is just ridiculous. I can't decide whether to keep it or replace it with something a bit quieter.

There are a few niggles that I need to get sorted. The biggest issue is the ABS and SRS lights are both on. I need to get that sorted asap.

The rest are smaller things like the alarm remote fob doesnt work, flakey paint on the wipers and fog surrounds and that tow bar lol

I'm not sure how VAG stuff goes down on here but he's a wee pic of the Audi as well :)

F39806FF-C802-4E88-9A38-FE139126A10A-392

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed on here yesterday that there was another member who was looking a VTI-S.  I'd seen a Gumtree link but the advert has been removed and I wondered if it was mine.

To be fair the exhaust sounds great up in the revs and has been putting a big smile on my face, but for general moping about I'm not so sure.  I usually prefer to be a bit more stealthy lol

Hi mate, lovely looking VTiS. Nice low miles too, so you got one of the good ones. Saw this advertized too, and thought it was well worth the money. Seem to recognize the reg aswell, think it may have been a members car on here at some point.

S2K must have been fun!!! Love them to bits, amazing cars. We don't mind seeing some VAG's on here, I love the RS4! You can stick up a wee project on your other cars in the Non Honda bit of the projects section mate, we like lots of pics here!

PS: theres a how too in the forum for resetting your SRS light mate! :wink:

• Like 1

Thanks again for the welcome :)

I overdid myself with the S2000 and bought one way over budget.  £450 a year tax and big monthly payments just crippled me by the end of each month, and with an engagement ring to buy as well it had to go.  It's still the best car I've owned.  The S3 is just a nice all rounder, if a bit boring, but being a turbo car it has been easy enough to get a bit more power from.

Here are a couple of cheeky pics. I promise this thread will have more VTI-S pics in due course lol :oops:

messagepart-1.jpg

I took it to a club meet in Wales a couple of years ago and had a fantastic time.  40-odd S2000s doing the Evo Triangle. 

P1010716.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

• Like 2

Anyways, back to my VTI-S lol

I don't have much time to work on it over the next couple of weeks, but last night I gave it it's first wash in my ownership.  I always find the first wash is the time I really get to find out the issues with the condition of the car.  The paintwork seems really good, apart from a few scrapes.  The wheels will have to come off to get properly cleaned.  The front brake calipers are def very close to the wheel for me to properly clean!  Never had that before with previous cars lolol

I plan on giving the paint a good going over with a claybar and then my DA polisher.  The paint on my S2000 was really thin and even a good wash technique would have easily put fine scrapes in it.  Is the paint on these Civics just as thin?

Future plans for it is to keep it pretty much standard looking on the outside.  Maybe change the amber side indicators and a small drop. 

I'd like to sort out the engine though whilst also trying to stay close to OEM looking where possible and plan to start looking in to what to do with the intake for better airflow.  I'm guessing Honda's excellent R&D means a more standard setup is still very efficient compared to aftermarket stuff?  Initial thoughts are a DC2 airbox and cone filter if easy fitted? 

I am slowly but surely making my way through this site for ideas and hints :)