Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

lol I had to show the fan in the video as it was just hilarious.  Completely medieval to the fan at the dyno I was at the week before with the Audi. 

The reving to assist oil flow makes alot of sense :)

Yeah it was explained to me but I've slept since then, I just remember that it's good :lol: 

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a quiet enough few weeks.  I've just been enjoying driving it over Christmas.  It's filthy now though and I need to find some time to give it a bath.

This week though I've ordered:

- aero wiper blades front and rear

- Osram Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs

- New number plates without dealer names or plate issuing postcodes etc

What sort of money should I expect to pay for a DC2 JDM manifold and also a DC2 airbox and intake pipe? If anyone knows of one knocking about let me know :)

There's a JDM manifold on eBay for £275 but that seems quite steep, and as it's been on there a good while I'm guessing everyone else thinks the same lol

Seems to be about right. There's another on civic life for 250.

Get a decent aftermarket one.

I bought one for 90 quid it was garbage so sent it back.

Bought another from eBay 'ryanonfire' cost 169 I think. And it's beautiful. Very nicely made bit of kit.

Airbox could set you back around 75 quid I reckon.

I found the guy's page on eBay.  That does look tasty and really smartly made.   Looks very close to the actual 98 spec in the pic and £149 now as well ;)  

I wonder what the gains are like compared to the actual DC2 manifold?

I'm terrible for wanting to stick with OEM parts though :oops:  especially with engine bits.

Watching it now and gonna have a wee think................

I found the guy's page on eBay.  That does look tasty and really smartly made.   Looks very close to the actual 98 spec in the pic and £149 now as well ;)

I wonder what the gains are like compared to the actual DC2 manifold?

I'm terrible for wanting to stick with OEM parts though :oops:  especially with engine bits.

Watching it now and gonna have a wee think................

It's a good way to go, good gains are to be had from oem kit. :)

Remember if you do go for a integra type r manifold the collectors are 2.5" on them, so your gonna need to get a decat that fits and either get your exhaust modded to fit the decat or get a new 2.5" system all the way through for more power :-)

Remember if you do go for a integra type r manifold the collectors are 2.5" on them, so your gonna need to get a decat that fits and either get your exhaust modded to fit the decat or get a new 2.5" system all the way through for more power :-)

Thanks dude :)

It's already got a 2.5" system and decatted from a previous owner so I'd just need it all to line up and fit. Hopefully wouldn't be too much hassle. It's just fancy plumbing lol

Famous last words though going by the botched work done on it before I got it

I had a day off work today and decided to do a few things that I'd not had the time to do lately.

Before I got started though I had to take the old mans pickup to get MOT'd. Thankfully it passed although I was worried when it had four testers looking at it at one point :/

DDB585B5-523E-4D55-AFA3-EAD094AA96FF_zps

Firstly the cloth was starting to come off one of the rear doors. Using some glue and a spatula I glued it back in place and it looks brand new again.

One of the rear doors was also very sticky for some reason. I plastered the hinges in grease and it now flaps around like a hookers f@nny in the wind.

The boot carpet was covered in dirt and oil so I wet vac'd it with my George and just waiting for it to dry now.

Id ordered aero wipers but didn't want to fit them until I'd repainted the wiper arms so got to work on those today. No pics in the car though as it was dark by the time I put a few coats on.

Before

8D2B4D53-EEE8-4215-8B73-688A1C3805A1_zps

After

FCA07414-60E9-4B2B-BF50-FEBD6E8660C8_zps

3CF660EB-FCC8-44B3-AB3F-7EDB5692ECF6_zps

The headlights on the car were rubbish. I could see frig all with dipped lights so ordered a pair of Osram Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs. The difference is fantastic especially on high beam.

Top pic - old bulbs

Bottom pic - new bulbs

F80E6BFB-F195-45D9-AAF4-4C5D4A9C83BA_zps

I've still to get the back wiper arm off to paint it but not 100% on how to do it. I'm guessing the boot trim needs taken off?