Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

Thanks for the offer @UnicyclingTom :)

I got home tonight though and discovered a rubber seal, some nuts and bolts and a metal cage thing hiding under a bit of cardboard at the bottom of the box. Thank frig for Dave, as I'd have went to Honda and paid for a new one.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm that this is the correct heater resistor to order?

The thread that seems to get linked to most often is archived, so I can't ask on it, and I don't want to start another new thread on it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-200-400-25-45-MG-ZR-ZS-HONDA-CIVIC-VI-HEATER-BLOWER-RESISTOR-JGH10002-/181398253401?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3ACivic&hash=item2a3c2daf59

eBay confuses me when I try and find parts for the VTI-S.  So many listings don't seem to include the MB6 even though the parts fit.

New fuel tank and sender finally fitted.  No more petrol fume smells. Yay!

On the way home I turned the fans up on the heater and I'm getting a ridiculous screech from 3 and 4.  Heater resistor? 

Would have thought if it was the resister it just wouldn't work at all? But for the cost it's worth a try! 

Strangely 3 and 4 now work, but 1 and 2 don't so I'm guessing it is the notorious resistor.  I ordered that part of eBay and will get it fitted once its arrived. Strange the car knew to wait until one thing was fixed before it broke something else.  It must be infested with annoying little Jap Gremlins

Strangely 3 and 4 now work, but 1 and 2 don't so I'm guessing it is the notorious resistor.  I ordered that part of eBay and will get it fitted once its arrived. Strange the car knew to wait until one thing was fixed before it broke something else.  It must be infested with annoying little Jap Gremlins

Are they in any way like leprechauns? 

Hopefully it is as you suspect the pesky resistor, that was the first thing I had to fix on the VTi-S!