Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

Oh dear :(

The infamous calipers bite back (or not in your case!)

I always grease the pins on all the calipers at every oil change, lowers the chances of fronts seizing on. Replaced all the rear calipers on mine so its ok until I sell in couple of years hopefully.

• Like 1

It seemed ok once it had cooled down, and I tried to bring it home, but it started sticking again.  Nursed it back to the house and it'll more than likely sit until after New Years.  It's the last straw though. I can't remember a month where it hasn't broke as soon as something else got fixed. I'm gonna get the caliper sorted, put it through the soonest MOT after New Year, and sell it on :(

• 2 weeks later...

So this was this was what was causing my brake issues :(

2C494FA7-8CFD-4AB1-89F0-2976A058520D_zps

The car sat in the drive over most of Christmas although I did bring it in the garage one afternoon and greased up the pads and pins.  I pushed the stuck piston back in to the caliper after scraping a load of gunk off it and fired a ton of WD40 around the piston under the rubber seal.  This seems to have fixed it for now, however I left the car at my friendly mechanics on Monday and he looked over my work just incase I missed something.

Last night I took the car for its MOT and it flew through :)  The tester actually said it looked like a nice clean car lol

I've started making a list of possible replacements so it would be nice if it played nice with me for a month or two so I can gather up some funds.

• Like 1

I want something that's going to be reliable, cheapish to maintain but still be fun up to a max of around £3,000.  I want to be able to put my spending money towards getting a hybrid turbo on my S3 rather than keep maintaining this Honda.  So far I've been thinking of

- mk4 Golf GTI turbo or V6 4motion (probably less fun but hopefully a bit more reliable)

- Lupo GTI (I've always wanted one of these and prices are starting to come down a bit)

- Clio 182 or 197 (I've owned a Clio before and although it rattled like mad it was alot of fun and reliable enough until it exploded lol)

- Corolla T Sport (I know nothing about them other than they are almost 200bhp.  Seems a bit more subtle than an EP3, but is that because they look a bit dull?)

- Yaris T Sport (I love the look of these, engines seem indestructable, but the wife has a 1.0 Yaris and thinks its a womans car)

or perhaps a bit of an oddball one but those Fiat Panda 100hp look like fun, even if the thought of owning an Italian car makes me worried! My wife thinks they are the most feminine looking things around :(

4A7BA2DB-94D4-E363-49B167ED76178589.jpg