My Honda Civic 1.5 ls

one4all

cause the cars not worth it , plus ya change the engine ya better off just getting another car cause thats effectively what ya doing in my mind

But you're willing to spend similar money on your engine? You need to think about what you really want mate. Not being rude like but without spending lots on the D series you won't get much more out of it. Same with tuning a B series, need to spend a fair bit more than the cars worth in either case. If you don't feel it's worth spending on the you're better off leaving it as is and saving for a more powerful car out of the box.

• Like 2

But you're willing to spend similar money on your engine? You need to think about what you really want mate. Not being rude like but without spending lots on the D series you won't get much more out of it. Same with tuning a B series, need to spend a fair bit more than the cars worth in either case. If you don't feel it's worth spending on the you're better off leaving it as is and saving for a more powerful car out of the box.

I've spent over 2k on engine bits alone. I have got a bit more gain but not much. I plan on going turbo which will cost me another 2k as im doing it properly.

as said above were not being rude were just trying to help you out.

you can get parts cheap and second hand which will do the same job but it all depends on what power you want etc. I want 240 minimum, I should be seeing 260 according to MAZ who's helping me do everything

• Like 1

I'm pretty much in the same boat mate. My Aerodeck has the same engine as yours (d15z8) and I would like a bit more power.

I mainly want to do an engine conversion seeing as the engine in the Aerodeck has done 160'000 miles.

It's either a full rebuild on the current engine or move on to a B-series ;) 

• Like 1

oh i know you guys aint being rude just wondering if there wasn't an overly costly way of doing some stuff as i new to the upgrading side of things as only my second car so plus i cant do to much as i not got many no claims on the insurance as only 2 years.

plus if i had a vti i might consider spending more but as its only a 1.5lsi its nothing special tbh even tho i do like the honda

For cheap and cheerful I would concentrate on making it look good rather than go fast. Really depends how much you're willing to put into it. Over the years I've seen car have thousands spent and were only worth 10% of what has gone into them to start with.

• Like 3

For cheap and cheerful I would concentrate on making it look good rather than go fast. Really depends how much you're willing to put into it. Over the years I've seen car have thousands spent and were only worth 10% of what has gone into them to start with.

thats what i done :) started with the visual side then moved onto the performance side :)

I'm pretty much in the same boat mate. My Aerodeck has the same engine as yours (d15z8) and I would like a bit more power.

I mainly want to do an engine conversion seeing as the engine in the Aerodeck has done 160'000 miles.

It's either a full rebuild on the current engine or move on to a B-series ;)

thing is, the way i see it is that everyone goes for a b series :/ thats why i kept mine D series :) but then again you could do a B20 build up :) or even stick something a little more pokey in there ;)

• Like 2

thats what i done :) started with the visual side then moved onto the performance side :)

This is my plan! Though the visual side of things is taking a while!! Lol