Focus ST - Opinions?

Krzys

Last Saturday out of boredom I test drove a 2007 Focus ST-3.

Bascially it had all the toys, heated leather Recaro's, dual climate control, heated windscreen, xenon's etc..

Was expecting the usual harsh ride that you get in most hot hatches but this was really comfortable and compliant!

Got held up in football traffic on the test drive too and it was happy enough for me to leave it in 2nd gear and ride the clutch in stop-start traffic!

Sounded awesome on the loud pedal! But very quiet otherwise which suits me!

Anyone else owned one in the past or had any experiences?

It wasn't on my list of cars to consider before but now it's possibly top of the list! Just a really good all-rounder!

I know it's not in the same league, but Dawn had a 51 plate focus Zetec estate when it was brand new. Handling wise, the focus is and always has been a fantastic car. Even though it was an estate (it had the roof rails so had the beefed up suspension, Zetec ones without the rails had bogo suspension) I couldn't get it to loose the rear even on wet roads, they just seem to grip and grip! Very point and go steering too.

Not been in an ST yet, but must say I do like the look of them mate. I'd recommend a focus all day long, just good all round cars.

Saying that...................feck that, get a bloody mb6!

I agree, I had a 1.6 mk1 and I couldn't fault the handling, really good in all conditions

Shame I blew the engine:( I lost confidence in it after that even after replacing it will a low miler blacktop 1.6 it still burned oil at a fairly rapid rate

I know it's not in the same league, but Dawn had a 51 plate focus Zetec estate when it was brand new. Handling wise, the focus is and always has been a fantastic car. Even though it was an estate (it had the roof rails so had the beefed up suspension, Zetec ones without the rails had bogo suspension) I couldn't get it to loose the rear even on wet roads, they just seem to grip and grip! Very point and go steering too.

Not been in an ST yet, but must say I do like the look of them mate. I'd recommend a focus all day long, just good all round cars.

Saying that...................feck that, get a bloody mb6!

There's a couple of MB6's cheap (as I found in Simpo's wanted thread!), but I'm not sure! My old man said I'm not allowed to do it up if I get one (like that would stop me anyway :lol:).  

• Like 1

Focus ST is a great car, awesome handling, brakes and 5 cylinder turbo Volvo engine. On the down side they are more expensive to run than a MB6, i know a couple of people who have had ST's and they said theirs were heavy on fuel.

Focus ST is a great car, awesome handling, brakes and 5 cylinder turbo Volvo engine. On the down side they are more expensive to run than a MB6, i know a couple of people who have had ST's and they said theirs were heavy on fuel.

Yeah the figures on paper have these at 20mpg urban whilst an MB6 will do 3 or 4 more.  

Though to be fair the Accord I'm using is w@nk on fuel around town so it's not much of a bother as the car will be more the weekend pleasure than a daily commuter!

It's not a 2 litre accord by any chance is it?

That's why mine went

Yep, 2.0l 12v on a single point carb! Goes well for her age as seen in last months video meet! 8-)