Hamza's silver MB3 - 07/08/2014 - Red rocker cover

h4mza

looks sweet and those fogs come with instructions to wire them in with no loom as well so that should help...

Thanks didn't realize they were at back of the box, will give it a try and post the results.

• Like 1

Went to a local body shop to enquire about spraying the VTi-S kit and the lad there owned a nice MB2. So we had bit of a long chat and he said for £200 he can fit the fogs and LED DTR, repair the wheel arch scrape, driver side wing and front bumper, spray the VTi-S kit and mouldings and lastly make a custom back box to sound like a Subaru. Does anyone think £200 is fair price? He also said he can lower my car by 35mm with the Jordan wheels for £140 but if I want it more lower then I will need bigger wheels. I'm not yet bothered about lowering so might leave that to last. I've seen him around with the Subaru sounding exhaust so I know he's genuine. 

Some pics of his car

8D82EE91-424E-4B69-A5A3-D54D39E5E766_zps16BC0302-7ED4-424B-BC1A-EAB86CCD5F0F_zps70A40081-EDA5-44AC-AA7B-9EDA921B0779_zps

• Like 1

That's a decent looking MB2, did you send him in this direction?

You don't need bigger wheels to go lower, the opposite in fact, the smaller your wheels the lower you can go as bigger wheels are more likely to need work to fit.

A custom back box won't do the burble sound. You need an unequal length manifold to do that!

Yep.

Knew I had missed something out. Should have had a look at his engine bay whether he's got a 4-1 header because he didn't seem to know much about it when I mentioned it to be him. He told me he bought the car like this and all he's done is put a quieter exhaust, 17" wheels, lower it. I've been trying to find some videos of D-Series engine with 4-1 header but nothing. Yeah I didn't want to leave without inviting him to civic5 lol but unfortunately he told me he's thinking of selling the car for a bigger family car. :(

Knew I had missed something out. Should have had a look at his engine bay whether he's got a 4-1 header because he didn't seem to know much about it when I mentioned it to be him. He told me he bought the car like this and all he's done is put a quieter exhaust, 17" wheels, lower it. I've been trying to find some videos of D-Series engine with 4-1 header but nothing. Yeah I didn't want to leave without inviting him to civic5 lol but unfortunately he told me he's thinking of selling the car for a bigger family car. :(

Oh well, as long as you're spreading the word. :)

• 1 month later...

I took off the red wheel tape as I never liked it, now my rims look much better. No pictures thought but the rims need refurbishing as the tape took off the some of the paint work. It was only done by a cheap £1 spray can.

Also got some Type-R foot pedal covers.

BEF3EB78-E874-4D82-AC56-9398C0838E47_zps

Then took my car to garage to get the VTi-S kit and bumper mouldings sprayed. 

IMG_2663_zpsb90597c9.jpgIMG_2665_zps65f75c48.jpg

I told them to leave the driver side door because it is starting to rust from the inside so I'm buying a new one instead. They also wired up and installed a switch for the fog lights.

IMG_2686_zpsfc873126.jpg

IMG_2688_zps5d8e1986.jpg

IMG_2691_zpsed3cb6bc.jpg

Next on the list is to get a back box. I might just get a cheap universal Jap style one for £30. Also looking for a new driver side rear door, wing and front bumper. 

• Like 4

Looking awesome now bro..I think color coded bumper strips suit the silver color best :).. Love the look of it and the fogs look brilliant. A nice backbox will finish the rear end very nicely :)