Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Just need to get mine out, doesn't seem difficult when reading the manual but I don't know how confident I feel about doing it myself!

It's an easy job getting them off though! Only two 10mm IIRC

Arrr what a pain mmm just been back reading ,you say when you took the fuel filter off ( in the engine bay ) it was brown like a rust ?

Coz that is what has been wrong with trinityD ,that's why I have new fuel tank ect. Good chance the fuel pump strainer is clogged up to and your tank is rusting . When I dropped mine it had about 10-20mm of rust mucky shxt in the bottom and the strainer was pretty s**t

So you may need to do a full fuel clean from tank to injectors what a bummer

The fluid that came out of the filter was brown yes. Could be a right pain if it is that, but if that's what it turns out to be then that is what will have to be done! My brother is going to have a go tomorrow to see if we can find out what's going on.

What did the tank look like when you had it on the ramp.

Is there a way of draining a bit of fuel from just in front of the tank to see what colour fuel comes out, if it's brown there, rusty tank. :(

I would say inside tank could be bad mine look perfect outside but if its had anything put in it or been ran very very low ,or like mine had been left dry for any sort of time in its life then it's going to be like mine was . You may as well at least try give to tank a flush and check pump and strainer or you well just pull all the shxt back to your filter and injectors . That why I am not running trinity to far at mo till I can switch tanks and bits all nice and clean

• Like 1

All good ideas chaps and thanks for the info Jake! Think I'll see about checking the injectors tomorrow as we'll be working on the driveway. If they're full of sh1t then I'll put the idea forward about checking the pump and tank/content!

Had an idea, but the problem is when I can do it because of spending all day at work and it being dark when I get home.

I want to pull the fuel line off where it meets the rail to check what state the fuel is as it reaches the injectors, I'm expecting red in it from the injector cleaner I put into the tank but as long as it's not any other colour I would think the fuel is "clean".

If it is and I can get the car to run I'm going to attempt to take her for a run up and down a duel carriageway, if I can get her there she tends to do alright as there's no strain, then run the cleaner through and tank up with VPower and some more cleaner added and see what happens? If she is still the same then I will look at the ignition side!