Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Im stunned at your run of bad luck, i have never really bought a trouble car yet had a few go wrong not long after buying but silly things like clutch or brakes or battery never these sort of gremlins.

I mean FFS the bearing in the gearbox of our MB3 sounds awfull and has been knackered for 28,000 odd miles now yes i do mean 28,000 and since it started most would guess it would not last more than a month or so where as thats nearly a year and a half now LOL  And im not at all conscious of it or worrried about it..

Sorry i love to talk LOL back to you.. can you not get the correct length spark plug socket from your brother so you can eliminate ignition if she won't start at least you can check for a spark with a plug out

My brother keeps fobbing me off and on Sunday suggested I take it to Honda, so basically I'm taking that as I'm on my own! 

What a nightmare mate. When you gonna have time to have a proper look?

Injectors then if there clear dizzy hey.did you see if the fuel at the rail is clean??

Trouble is work that I'm at work like everyone else so I can only do anything when I'm at home, which because of working alternate sites means I'm home at different times, this week I'm at the QMC Monday, Wednesday & Friday so by the time I get home those days it's dark, cold and frosty and I can't really be stood outdoors trying to work on the car. Yesterdays bit of daylight I did have when I got home went to sh1t. So tomorrow (Thursday) is my next chance before the weekend. 

Is the line crimped onto the rail or will it pull off? I did see it but because of the metal thing around the line where it meets the rail immediately threw me off and I daren't do anything incase I 4uck it up!

I hate winter conditions, need more daylight!!

My brother keeps fobbing me off and on Sunday suggested I take it to Honda, so basically I'm taking that as I'm on my own! 

That sucks mate, so much for blood is thicker than water.

I wish I lived a bit closer, I'd be happy to come and help you sort it. I'm far from any sort of mechanical genius but two heads are better than one and I do have a good selection of tools.

That sucks mate, so much for blood is thicker than water.

I wish I lived a bit closer, I'd be happy to come and help you sort it. I'm far from any sort of mechanical genius but two heads are better than one and I do have a good selection of tools.

Yeah it's pretty sh1tty to be honest! More interested in lining his pockets with "black and white" jobs, it's the same story if there's a level of difficulty in diagnosing, I'll get it sorted either myself or at my expense then he'll turn around and ask why I didn't let him do it..... :roll: 

Appreciated dude! If it isn't sorted or at least diagnosed by the weekend I'll get my mate who has the EF over, he has a decent selection of tools so we can at least get the ball rolling!

Appreciated dude! If it isn't sorted or at least diagnosed by the weekend I'll get my mate who has the EF over, he has a decent selection of tools so we can at least get the ball rolling!

That's good then. :)

The fuel line unscrews mate.

Yes it is a poo one. I'm sure it will Turn out to be simple. Just as you said you need to find the time. And in the mean time your stressing.

Was the same when I left me oil cap off and had a funny noise. Was only really an issue because didn't have time to check it out.

The fuel line unscrews mate.

Yes it is a poo one. I'm sure it will Turn out to be simple. Just as you said you need to find the time. And in the mean time your stressing.

Was the same when I left me oil cap off and had a funny noise. Was only really an issue because didn't have time to check it out.

That's exactly it, I'm spending too much time thinking about it and not being able to actually do anything towards it! So far I've been without it for a week so I know I don't need it urgently for getting to work and back, just coupled with waiting for payday to boost the dwindling bank balance doesn't help the stress either, roll on Friday!

Screws off? That's good to know! Hopefully won't be a pig to shift!

Last night on my way home from work I went and forked out for a set of Bosch plugs and the appropriate tool to remove/fit the plugs!

I dragged my dad outside at 19:30 last night to do it, the NGK's that came out were worn and old but not terrible, they also smelt of fuel, so at that point we were thinking that fuel was getting in, but not being sparked!

Popped the new plugs in and a couple of goes on the key, coughing and spluttering she fired!

Left her running for a while to get some temperature, she hasn't ran since Saturday!

Got brave and took for her a short gentle drive, well as gentle as you get when the area has so many hills!

To start with she felt better for the plugs, but as she got properly warmed up she was missing more and more under less and less strain, had to leave her in 4th to do 30mph on the flat it was that bad!

But got her back home and left her running while I told my dad about the drive and you could hear her popping, a bit like you'd hear on a carb'd car!

So after listening for a few minutes we believe we're barking up the right tree and plan to replace the HT leads, rotor arm, dizzy cap and ignition control module!

Apparently the Bosch plugs use less power, so if the ICM is failing and not making the right power and changing the plugs helps then we think this is what has been plauging her!

Managed to get the fuel pipe off the rail thanks to Jake's advice, took an age to undo though because of the limited space with the strut bar in place! Was a bit red from the injector cleaner still in the tank but otherwise okay from what I could tell!

Hopefully once the bits arrive we will have her sorted! Feel a lot better for having managed to do something towards it!

• Like 3

Excellent news, glad you're getting somewhere. :D :D

Just a matter of getting all the bits together, I figured if I have to replace one thing inside the cap, I may as well do it all while we're there!