Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

That sucks :( One of the rear calipers is sticking on my Aerodeck, same on my old Civic too but not as bad. 

I still cannot understand why the calipers are so bad on our Civic's? 

I don't think there's a single MB that's not had a caliper problem. Usually the rears too. Just an excuse to upgrade I say. :D

To be fair, my car is about 15 years old and has done 98k miles, if I end up refurbishing the callipers they should last the remaining lifetime of the car. It's just maintenance anyway, though I could do without the expense it's not the end of the world!

• Like 1

To be fair, my car is about 15 years old and has done 98k miles, if I end up refurbishing the callipers they should last the remaining lifetime of the car. It's just maintenance anyway, though I could do without the expense it's not the end of the world!

Agree with you there mate, get them refurb end before it's too late.

Cars looking amazing by the way Krzy shine

Agree with you there mate, get them refurb end before it's too late.

Cars looking amazing by the way Krzy shine

Cheers dude! She's getting there!

Drove the couple of miles to the P&R for work this morning, scorching hot wheel, definitely needs looking at!

Spot the difference!

post-4759-0-68722600-1400743607_thumb.jp

post-4759-0-43816600-1400743620_thumb.jp

One side is definitely using more pads than the other. ;)

Same side as mine was, is it squealing or squeaking yet?

No noise from the rear, squealing at the front though.

I do reckon its worth, as said in Toms, but he's put his straight into the garage, taking the calipers off, testing and regreasing the sliders if needed and testing the piston ..

I've emailed the firm I got the quote from telling them of the situation with one seized at the back and the iffy front to see if I could go round for them to check before I agree to work being carried out.

They do offer a no thrills "unseize" service with a three month operation guarantee as a quick fix to get through MOT £42 a corner though.

See what's what when I can then go from there really! 

Also checked the time tables for the Welsh Highland Railway and they're open bank holiday Monday and pretty much all the time now for the summer so all is not lost on that front, I can go enjoy it when the cars up to it! :)