Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

If it was sticking parts in the clutch wouldn't it slip while it was sticking?

The car barely gets any use at the minute anyway, could be an idea to swap places with the Accord and run around in that for a bit!

Guest jimbob738

It helps mentally recharge mate trust me then you gradually start to look at it and think yeah I like this car im gonna sort it, I got mine and my jeep on the go right now and its hard going but I know when im done I will have two reliable cars, I have a soft spot for the Volvo too because its been so reliable but too thirsty as I said before.

stop getting down mate get the accord out stack some money up and sort the VTI-S later .

the clutch doesn't always slip just judders like ours are now had it before on my MC2 when I removed it the springs in the clutch plate were hanging mate, the release bearing squeaks normally or creaks when you release you foot off the pedal is that happening?

it all comes as a kit anyway so regardless its worth swapping it.

• Like 1

Guest jimbob738

Also a side note, our cars are getting to the age now where its hard to maintain them as daily rides when things go wrong all at once, always good to have a back up motor like the accord.

Cheers dude!

No judder, does sometimes creek when lifting the pedal - Clutch pack needs replacing anyway given it's low bite and heavy feel, think the pressure plate has had it rather than the friction plate but as you said, they're cheap enough as a pack! 

I don't think the jerking is clutch related, if I come off the gas and back on without changing gear I still get the same symptom of hesitation then jerking to life, jerks a little when coming to a stop before I dip the clutch but still high enough not to stall.

Anyway on a lighter note, I've dropped the preload from 10mm to 5mm all round so it'll be more comfortable and a little lower and had it cleaned ready for Japfest 2.

post-4759-0-42945800-1408204635_thumb.jp

It's not anymore, thanks to the rain :lol:

Managed to rule out the TPS, big thanks to Jake for having a look!

Stagea keeps crossing my mind! :lol: