Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Yeah clutch is the single most expensive item, dodgy lumpy running will hopefully be traced down to one of the three items I listed, else that'll work out as expensive as the clutch if not more depending.

If I'm selling one mod I'll sell them all to be honest.

All money is tied up in the holiday otherwise I'd be able to do more than moan :roll:

Just be glad I haven't sold it yet.

Went out in it last night, change gear, couple of seconds of little throttle response then jerks into life, this is both when cold and fully warmed up under part throttle (driving near the city centre).

@KiNK43 are you still happy to have a look with a multimeter at fest 2?

Intersted in the results of this being as our cars are similar in miles :-)

Yeah been doing a bit of research and not only does the TPS need to read a certain range on a multimeter but so does the lambda! I know with the lambda unplugged it runs very smoothly but suppose it should be tracked to the actual cause as I don't want to be replacing perfectly good parts. 

Guest jimbob738

MAP Sensor as I changed mine and the Lambda, I am setting up my TPS on the skunk2 tonight shove be 0.45v closed and 5.0v Full Throttle, the standard TPS cant really move much to the way its fixed in but is possibly reading wrong.

I would say its due to a clogged up intake manifold, I just removed mine and @ 100 thousand you wouldn't believe the crap inside the Throttle body and the intake itself also take you IVAC off blast the carbon out with carb cleaner mine was black.

the three main sensors you want to clean/replace are and Monitor are TPS, MAP on top of the TB and the Air Temp sender, Top of the Manifold these all control your mixture.

the Lambda with throw a code when dead I made this mistake and cost me 60 quid don't change unless you know its dead, I have a spare if you wanted to try it NGK one

Guest jimbob738

Went out in it last night, change gear, couple of seconds of little throttle response then jerks into life, this is both when cold and fully warmed up under part throttle (driving near the city centre).

@KiNK43 are you still happy to have a look with a multimeter at fest 2?

Dodgy release bearing/sticking and the Balance springs in the clutch plate are worn out, I have the same problem Krzys not the end of the world I got a genuine clutch from Honda for £145 which isn't that much.

the problem you have with the VTI-S is that because they stuck an -S on the badge every previous owner ragged f*ck out of them that's why we pick up the pieces but when its sorted you will love it.

my advice is if its doing your head in like I did park it up on your drive sorn it until you get the fight back to sort it, I had to coz it was driving me mental hence why I bought a Volvo for a bit.

don't sell your mods just wait until you come back of your holidays mate.

• Like 1