Possible Sacrilege

Grant

Part of the on-going dispute with getting back in an MB is space .. Ive won over the seats in the back thanks to you guys!

BUT......

We go camping quite a lot and have a LOT of kit .. Me, the wife + three kiddies ..

Now, i would love to find a VTI-s Deck .. However, i understand that these are getting increasingly rare and the hope of finding one might be quite slim ...

So options are a regular VTI MB6 or MC2 (these have roof rails as standard I think?) or there do seem to be a couple of VTI-s MB6's about .. So (please dont yell!) I would need the option for the half dozen times a year we go camping, to put a roof box on .. (cringe!)

What/how/has/can this be done???

If so, with what rails?

Thanks ! :-D

I'd go for a VTi Aerodeck then mate, roof rails as standard whereas the MB6 doesn't have them! Plus Tom goes away loads with his family, full boot plus bikes! I'm sure he'd show you a few 'Decked' pictures!

• Like 1

Nice one Tom thanks for that!! You certainly can pack it tight!!

So maybe plan is a MC2 with VTI-s lips skirts n spoilers then ...

Hunt is on for a clean one .. Mechanically i can repair, just want it straight ...

• Like 1

My roof rack is awesome! I've gota full Thule set up with aerobars and 4 bike carriers.

The mc2 is slightly slower than the hatch but mine still sees off an ep3!

And see's off EP3's ??? Really ?!?

Ive never gone head to head with a EP3 but my mate had a shot of my MB6 and gave a Astra VXR a right run for its money on a dual carriageway, the astra just managed to get past but couldnt get away from my car.

Ive never gone head to head with a EP3 but my mate had a shot of my MB6 and gave a Astra VXR a right run for its money on a dual carriageway, the astra just managed to get past but couldnt get away from my car.

Sounds good to me :-) think the astras are slightly quicker than the EP3's .. In my experience anyway ..

Deffo go for a deck mate, they cover all the bases. Fast, fun and ultra practical you'll have the best of all worlds. EP3 wise, the EP3 has more power, but doesn't seem to be that much faster than an MB6/MC2 that has a few breathing mods. I had an EP3 in my Ruby, all she has is cat back stainless exhaust and induction kit. Every roundabout I was leaving the EP3 behind as I could get the power down quicker with the LSD, and even on the twisties, he was no faster than me. And that was on standard suspension! She's now got a full set of MeisterR's all round and is set up perfect! Be even more interesting now! Get a deck, you won't be disappointed!

• Like 2

None of the EP3's round here want to play.  :(

I think because ours have a wider powerband they can keep up quite easily.

Nice one Tom thanks for that!! You certainly can pack it tight!!

He certainly can. ;)