Roj's Mean Green No Fire Trucks Given Machineâ„¢ (Rust In Pieces)

Roj

My Marangoni tyres appear to be at the end of their lifespan now. The rough tarmac at work caused a small leak in one of the front tyres and they're too cracked to repair properly so I need a new tyre. Personally I'm not a fan of mismatched tyres across the same axle so I just asked for both to be replaced. If my rears don't follow suit in the next few weeks I'm having them replaced in the summer. Since my local garage don't carry my tyre size they just gave my tyre a temporary repair that'll last a few days while they order the tyres in. Tomorrow I go back to get the new tyres fitted.

On the bright side, my bee sting aerial came today. Didn't expect it to be silver (the pictures looked black!) but I'm sure it'll look good once I have it on the car.

I know what you mean about the tyres, safety sake says keep them the same across the axle, my ocd says keep them the same all round. :)

You can always paint the aerial if you don't like the silver.

• Like 1

Shame about the tyres, work paying for them are they?

Sort of. I get a £50 monthly allowance for whatever the car needs, which is usually just petrol. The rest comes out of my pocket unfortunately. I don't mind though because the car belongs to me and all these little expenses are just going to make the car nicer to drive later on. :D

I know what you mean about the tyres, safety sake says keep them the same across the axle, my ocd says keep them the same all round. :)

You can always paint the aerial if you don't like the silver.

My OCD unfortunately has to yield to my wallet. :lol:

Well it only cost me £2.60 and comes with different sized threads so I figured I could sell it on and buy a black one if I don't like it.

So my replacement front tyres turned out to be these: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Kenda/KAISER-KR20.htm They feel better than the worn Marangonis that were on before so I'm not too bothered about the average scores. Hopefully I'll end up with a matching set of 4 when I get the rears done in a few months. :)

Tread pattern is almost identical to the Toyos on mine so they can't be too bad at all.

That's good to hear. The Marangoni tyres didn't have as many grooves, which probably was the reason why they did so poorly in the wet.

Liking the progress on this, hopefully it grips a bit better on these 16s then ay ;)

It grips a bit too well now. No fun out of junctions anymore. :lol: