Roj's Mean Green No Fire Trucks Given Machineâ„¢ (Rust In Pieces)

Roj

So I bought this MB3 a month ago for £300 with the intention of using it as a workhorse. I have to haul a lot of tools around a shipyard for my job and I didn't want to get my EU7 dinged up while it's still worth something. Chose the MB3 because of the fuel economy and taxing it is cheap (£140 a year currently). The company I work for is insuring the car on my behalf as a sort of "sorry we didn't get you a van" thing. Prefer having the MB3 anyway, especially when I can mod it. :D

20131116_160023_1.jpg

Took this about 15 minutes after I bought it.

The car was cheap because it needed a lot of work and it was even advertised as a winter car that you could ditch come Janurary. One of the brake calipers was binding and the rear bushes felt like mush. The bodywork was pretty typical of a 16 year old Honda, but I'm looking to get the rust sorted at some point. At least the engine felt healthy with 127k miles on the clock.

It had a blown number plate bulb so I decided to just replace both bulbs with LED jobbies.

2013-11-20183947.jpg

Before and after.

2013-11-20185032.jpg

And done!

Same deal with the sidelights, got some LED ones to modernise the car.

2013-11-20184733.jpg

Before and after.

2013-11-20185012.jpg

Done!

My headlight bulbs were actually fine but I saw a deal on OSRAM Nightbreaker bulbs so I decided to get a set for the MB3 and a set for the EU7.

2013-11-21194553.jpg

I had hoped the Nightbreakers would be a proper bright white but at least they're not yellow anymore.

2013-11-21184524.jpg

Before. Like I said, nothing wrong with them.

2013-11-21194438.jpg

After. Slightly more light but it does allow me to see further down the A roads.

I got everything else sorted when I got the car MOT'd. Handles like a dream now.

Current mod list:

- Interior

-- VTi gear knob

- Exterior

-- OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus headlight bulbs

-- Various stickers plastered all over

- Engine

-- Simota replica induction kit

- Chassis

-- ADR Racing Phase 1 alloys 16x7J on 205/45 budget tyres

Future plans:

- Butcher it for spares

Good plans and some nice lighting upgrades so far. :)

I didn't know EG lips fit, interesting.

MB lips also fit the EG. Makes for some interesting combinations. :)

727807-1.jpg

004-96.jpg

• Like 2

Nice mate, looking forward to the project but can I ask how you installed the side lights please as I got 501 LED side lights but don't know how to install them lol

At the back of your headlight, you have the place where you put your H4 headlight bulb. Keep reaching down past that and there's a smaller bulb holder poking out, that's your 501. Just twist and pull it out. I'd recommend taking the headlight out when working on the N/S one though, there's barely any room behind the headlight if you have large hands. :'(

At the back of your headlight, you have the place where you put your H4 headlight bulb. Keep reaching down past that and there's a smaller bulb holder poking out, that's your 501. Just twist and pull it out. I'd recommend taking the headlight out when working on the N/S one though, there's barely any room behind the headlight if you have large hands. :'(

Cheers mate, I'll try it tomorrow.

Welcome! I quite like the idea of the EG lip going on a MB, will be interesting to see!  ;)

Thanks! :D

I bought an MB6 hoodie off eBay. Link here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Civic-Scene-MB6-hoodie-vtec-ef9-eg6-ek9-ek4-ep3-fn2-fd2-jdm-honda-sir-type-r-/190990608843

2013-12-21194243.jpg

Not run it through the wash yet so I don't know if the print is good quality yet. The purple text doesn't show up too well against the grey but at least the MB6 stands out! :D

It also came with a sticker!

2013-12-21194343.jpg

Debating where to put it on the MB3. It's about 50cm in length so I'm thinking down the side of the windscreen like you often see on "scene" cars. :P

• Like 1