My MB6 - bought a deck!

marv

You try both directions just in case? Sometimes with an awkward nut/bolt it can help to tighten a bit and then it'll come loose!

Yep tried that,same method that got our fiestas one off but not this one.

Not teaching to suck eggs...

But I always find with the impact gun. Obviously hold the button down but also try to turn the gun with you hand anticlockwise. If I get a stubborn one. Like my crank pulley the other week. That method always works for me.

Well had another go today after work. Brought back a 3/4" drive ratchet which is a bit of a beast! So much so that the socket wouldn't fit through my home made tool :( at this point I was pretty annoyed so decided to get angry and deploy mongo strength with my 1/2" bar! Heard a big crack, and then again, but the bolt came off :) I think it must have been out on with thread lock previously as there was evidence of it on te thread. Had a text from my mate at work who says I'm needing two new valves. He is going to go ahead and order them and replace the valve stem seals too. Will try pop in tomorrow and see how they're getting on.

Well had another go today after work. Brought back a 3/4" drive ratchet which is a bit of a beast! So much so that the socket wouldn't fit through my home made tool :( at this point I was pretty annoyed so decided to get angry and deploy mongo strength with my 1/2" bar! Heard a big crack, and then again, but the bolt came off :) I think it must have been out on with thread lock previously as there was evidence of it on te thread. Had a text from my mate at work who says I'm needing two new valves. He is going to go ahead and order them and replace the valve stem seals too. Will try pop in tomorrow and see how they're getting on.

Yeah glad it came off,one less thin to worry about. Il be getting all the valve stem seals done :) may aswell whilst it's off as they're common for going on the b series.

• Like 1